Transfer built-in stitches?

blue_lak

Seems this has been asked before, but does anyone know if we can use Horizon link to transfer any of the built-in decorative stitches from our machine to our computer? I much prefer the serpentine stitch on the S7 and would like to load it into my 12000.
Jan

favymtz

No you cannot transfer a built-in decorative stitch out of the machine into your computer to then transfer it into another machine.
However, because I have both a 12000 and 15000 machine and the accompanying software programs, Horizon Link and Horizon Link Suite; I was able to take the serpentine stitch out of the HLS Stitch Composer built in stitches and put it in my 12000.
I have attached the file to this email, and hopefully it sends okay.
Another option is to design your own Serpentine Stitch using your Stitch Composer, Years ago, Diane Stutsman gave an instruction sheet for doing so and I've attached it.
--
Favymtz

Cheryl Paul

I copied a stitch from my Stitch Composer for the S9 or Continental M7. I’ll attach it. Check it out and see if this is what you are looking for. It is Q001 in my AcuTools S program. You should have a program like that for your Skyline S7, I think. But you definitely should be able to load it into your Horizon Link. If you don’t have a program for your S7, I don’t know how you could get it into your machine.

I definitely want to know how you make out, so please keep this thread going.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Cheryl Paul

Jan,

If you already have a Q001 in your software, rename the file I sent you so that you don’t overwrite a file that has been put in your software as it might be important to you. I’m not sure if you can use the file or not, but I thought I’d give it a try, after all we can create stitches so why wouldn’t we be able to copy them and both machines are 9mm, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Good Luck.

Cheryl - Saskatoon