Top thread

Vickie Wright

Hi my friend is an owner of the 9400 and she is having trouble when free motioning and the top thread shows on the bottom. I have told her different size needle. Anyone have any good advice? Thanks for help in advice
--
Vickie in Ohio and Florida

Lyn Quine

I would tighten the top tension, the bobbin thread a higher tension than than the top thread and is pulling it down, tighten the top tension a bit and it will equal it out.

card.cuts@...

There's a bobbin case designed especially for this, with slightly lower tension than the standard bobbin case to correct the balance between the upper and lower threads. You can see it here:
https://www.janome.com/accessories/accessories/bobbin-holder-for-free-motion-quilting/