Tips to find a machine a new home

Pixey

I am pondering not keeping my 500e. I rarely use the largest hoops and think my S9 hoops will work as a good alternative to my 15000 for less cumbersome in-the-hoop trimming options. In the past I have always traded in machines with my dealer toward new machines but this won’t be the case in this situation. I figure I can store it in the box a few months (in a climate controlled environment) until things get a little more back to normal but wondered if others can offer advice on how/where to advertise, how to price it, and other approaches to find it a new owner. I am in central Texas in the US in a medium-sized town but within driving distance of several larger cities.

Pixey

Debra Mclin

My dealer offers monthly classes and that is a good place to sell machines.

On Jan 1, 2021, at 6:07 PM, Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I am pondering not keeping my 500e. I rarely use the largest hoops and think my S9 hoops will work as a good alternative to my 15000 for less cumbersome in-the-hoop trimming options. In the past I have always traded in machines with my dealer toward new machines but this won’t be the case in this situation. I figure I can store it in the box a few months (in a climate controlled environment) until things get a little more back to normal but wondered if others can offer advice on how/where to advertise, how to price it, and other approaches to find it a new owner. I am in central Texas in the US in a medium-sized town but within driving distance of several larger cities.

Pixey

Pixey

Thanks for this idea Debra. I would have thought the dealer would frown on students selling machines in that venue because of it possibly eating into their sales. Of course right now, we aren’t having any classes but hopefully the will resume at some point.

Pixey

On Jan 1, 2021, at 6:32 PM, Debra Mclin <rick.debbie.mclin@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

CindyP

When you get to the point of selling will you message me?  My mom is in central Texas and may like having a machine.  I would need to know how much you are asking and all that type of stuff.  Thanks!

Cindy

Cheryl Paul

Hi Pixey,
You should try your dealer as my understanding is that machines are in short supply sine the pandemic started. In Canada we are told to buy if we see what we want/need as stock may be limited and it wouldn’t be known when a particular model might be available again. So your 500e might be needed in your area.

Advertising in your local papers would be another option.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Pixey

Hi Cindy,

I will contact you offline when I get to that point.  I just spent the afternoon rearranging my sewing room so that the 500e is on a nearby shelf and my S9 is on a table.  I am going to see how much a find myself “needing” the 500e of if my other machines will meet the need.

Pixey

On Jan 2, 2021, at 5:38 PM, CindyP <shayleighnm@...> wrote:

When you get to the point of selling will you message me?  My mom is in central Texas and may like having a machine.  I would need to know how much you are asking and all that type of stuff.  Thanks!

Cindy

Pixey

Thanks Cheryl. I honestly figured that my dealer would only be interested if I was planning to buy another machine from him. But given the shortages, it might be worth asking.

My sense had been that locally, the shortages are more on regular sewing machines and not as much for embroidery only machines.

Pixey

On Jan 2, 2021, at 5:38 PM, Cheryl Paul <capaul@sasktel.net> wrote:

Hi Pixey,
You should try your dealer as my understanding is that machines are in short supply sine the pandemic started. In Canada we are told to buy if we see what we want/need as stock may be limited and it wouldn’t be known when a particular model might be available again. So your 500e might be needed in your area.

Advertising in your local papers would be another option.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Pat

Hi,
My Bernina 380 is for sale.  I fear I've committed a faux pas mentioning it here so I won't go into any details.  It is a great machine in prime condition.  If interested please e-mail me:  pattikowalczyk@....

I have several other machines and I only use one, my 15000.

Wishing everyone a healthy and happy New Year.
Pat Kowalczyk

Nyssa Lanzafame

What do you think the value of a working good condition clean 11000 might be? TIA