Topics

Threading/cleaning Point 2

juliadlf.ny@...

Jim:
Does the cover at the #2 point when threading come off for cleaning on the Quilt Maker MC15000? I ask because on the MC12000 we could remove the cover
and check for thread/debris. There were these little brushes that the thread would pass and sometimes catch bits of thread.
I'm just wondering if this is another spot we should check when doing cleaning on the QM 15000? I haven't tried to remove that part but thought to ask.
Thanks,
Julia

onlinesewing@...

We don't have a Quilt Maker edition 15000, so I can't confirm that the cover still pops off. However they did remove all reference to it from the manual for the QM. It would be unfortunate if they went back to the old way of attaching it with a screw that requires the top cover to be taken off in order to clean the area. To be safe I would confirm with your dealer that it can be popped off. If you force the issue and it is NOT designed to pop off, then you're in for an expensive top cover. Better to experiment with the dealer's floor model!

cas

I didn’t realize the machine was different.  In what other ways is it different?  I thought it was just marketed with the new software already on it.  Voila! Quiltmaker Edition sewing machine.

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of onlinesewing@...
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 8:19 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Threading/cleaning Point 2

We don't have a Quilt Maker edition 15000, so I can't confirm that the cover still pops off. However they did remove all reference to it from the manual for the QM. It would be unfortunate if they went back to the old way of attaching it with a screw that requires the top cover to be taken off in order to clean the area. To be safe I would confirm with your dealer that it can be popped off. If you force the issue and it is NOT designed to pop off, then you're in for an expensive top cover. Better to experiment with the dealer's floor model!

favymtz

The part does not come off for cleaning on the Quilt maker model. Unfortunately the top cover has to be unscrewed so that cover to be removed. I had a tension problem last week and couldn’t get it off, it required a service visit to clean that area.