Topics

ThreadBook Question

Pixey

Hi Jim,

I downloaded the ThreadBook to my iTouch (which is the latest generation). I wanted to explore using it when shopping (instead of taking my larger iPad with me) but when I go to My Threads, it does not show anything in my thread library and no backups. When I look at Threadbook on my primary iPad, the threads and backups are there. Is there a sync feature that needs to be done or something in settings to use it between two different devices?

I am actually looking at doing an iPad upgrade as a retirement gift from my family. So moving apps and content from one device to another is in my near future. Am still figuring out which iPad or combination thereof I am going to go with.

Thanks,
Pixey

Jim Stutsman

Synchronization between your devices should be automatic, but there are some things that can prevent it happening:

* Both devices must be using the same Apple ID for iCloud.
* Sync can only happen when a device is connected to the Internet.
* Syncing is not instant, but happens when the device is not busy doing something else.

I have followed Apple guidelines, only telling the active device to sync when the app is going to background (i.e. HOME button pressed), but that doesn't seem to be totally reliable in iOS 13. I am currently finishing up version 1.4, and I've made changes in that area. I'll do some additional testing on the iCloud sync before I submit it to the App Store. Thanks for asking!

Thank you Jim and Diane the FootBook and the My 15000 apps have been of great help for me too. I really love them.

El domingo, febrero 2, 2020, 5:31 p.m., Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> escribió:

Synchronization between your devices should be automatic, but there are some things that can prevent it happening:

* Both devices must be using the same Apple ID for iCloud.
* Sync can only happen when a device is connected to the Internet.
* Syncing is not instant, but happens when the device is not busy doing something else.

I have followed Apple guidelines, only telling the active device to sync when the app is going to background (i.e. HOME button pressed), but that doesn't seem to be totally reliable in iOS 13. I am currently finishing up version 1.4, and I've made changes in that area. I'll do some additional testing on the iCloud sync before I submit it to the App Store. Thanks for asking!

Pixey

Thanks Jim.

I have the first item covered in terms of the Apple ID.

I think my issue may be buried in the third bullet.  I don’t leave my iTouch hooked to the Internet all the time because it really seems to drain the battery a lot faster.  At the time I was playing  with Threadbook, it was also updating a bunch of other apps.

The issue could also be an iOS one because I just checked and my iTouch is wanting to update to 12.4.5.  It might not be iOS 13 compatible.

If it doesn’t work with the iTouch, it is not a huge deal. I am leaning toward getting an an iPad mini to be my “on-the-go” iPad at the same time that I upgrade my primary iPad from a 6th Gen to a 3rd gen Air (with a lot of memory).

Pixey

On Feb 2, 2020, at 5:31 PM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Synchronization between your devices should be automatic, but there are some things that can prevent it happening:

* Both devices must be using the same Apple ID for iCloud.
* Sync can only happen when a device is connected to the Internet.
* Syncing is not instant, but happens when the device is not busy doing something else.

I have followed Apple guidelines, only telling the active device to sync when the app is going to background (i.e. HOME button pressed), but that doesn't seem to be totally reliable in iOS 13. I am currently finishing up version 1.4, and I've made changes in that area. I'll do some additional testing on the iCloud sync before I submit it to the App Store. Thanks for asking!

Jim Stutsman

ThreadBook only needs iOS 12, though it is also fully compatible with iOS 13. There are some funky control colors in 12, but it does not require any of the features introduced in 13.

Pixey

Just checked it again and it has now caught up on the sync and is showing my thread library.

Thanks,
Pixey

On Feb 2, 2020, at 9:20 PM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

ThreadBook only needs iOS 12, though it is also fully compatible with iOS 13. There are some funky control colors in 12, but it does not require any of the features introduced in 13.

Gwen Derks

I need help in getting started with ThreadBook. I am having problems getting going with this.

Jim Stutsman

Start by tapping Favorites on the first screen. Select the brands you have or can easily get. That will narrow your choices later on. Once you've done that you can browse the Library for those brands you have and add your threads to the My Threads collection. Every menu page has a circle in the top right corner. Tap that for a page of instructions. Also see the Question and Answer section. Many of the answers there have embedded videos that can be helpful. If you're still having trouble you can request support, or post here with details about what you're having trouble with. Thanks for using our app!

Helen Moslander

Good morning, I have someone on Facebook wanting the threadbook app but has an android and says it does not come up on her list of apps. Is it iOS only? Thank you.

On Feb 19, 2020, at 6:12 AM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Start by tapping Favorites on the first screen. Select the brands you have or can easily get. That will narrow your choices later on. Once you've done that you can browse the Library for those brands you have and add your threads to the My Threads collection. Every menu page has a circle in the top right corner. Tap that for a page of instructions. Also see the Question and Answer section. Many of the answers there have embedded videos that can be helpful. If you're still having trouble you can request support, or post here with details about what you're having trouble with. Thanks for using our app!

Jim Stutsman

Yes, all of our apps are currently iOS only. I am considering Android for an app I'm doing for a client, but it will probably be at least a year before I have anything. Depending on the learning curve, it could be even longer. Thanks for checking for her - invite her to join our list!