Topics

Thread - Off-brand?

Cat - N

Have anyone ever heard of "Thread Nanny" thread?  I was 'gifted' some of it and found only a little about it/the company, namely, I found a website:

http://www.threadnanny.com

...and a Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ThreadNanny/

Is this a reseller of some other mfg/brand/import...an 'off-brand' company?

I opened a few cones and stitched some tests with it, and the tests seemed okay, so I wrote all the color numbers and names down, but I see even on the FB page that some folks are looking for a color chart and getting no response from the company.  It seems to be sold on Amazon, eBay, and their website but that's about all I have seen.  I haven't gone through their website looking at the colors or anything...no time for that sort of thing for me just now...LOL

Curious only...TIA

- Cat

.

Jim Stutsman

It appears that they are just re-selling someone else’s thread under their name. For example, BroThread started by making a line of thread that contained all of the Brother thread colors. Recently they added another 78 to mirror the Janome colors. I don’t have any of the Thread Nanny threads, but their website photos seem to show spools with no manufacturing markings. They promise to duplicate the Brother colors. One reason there is no chart is likely because the chart would then reveal what company is making the thread.

Cat - N

Thank you, Jim.

- Cat