onto the back of the machine? I
don't know what those screws are
screwed into, but thought it was
worth a try. What do you think?
This would save us from purchasing
another thread holder. Thanks,
Peg in cool FL

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Well, maybe. Getting longer screws is easy enough. Just hit Home Depot or Lowes in the metric screw section and match what you have. I don't have an 11000 to check, so I don't know whether the spacing on the thread stand is the same as the 12000. That's important. As for the screws that are there, they are intended for the 12000 thread stand and go into the machine "skeleton". The trick is to have screws that are long enough to hold the stand, but not so long that they go too far and snag wiring or other parts. After what you've spent to get the machine, I'm not sure it's worth risking messing up the machine for the $100 or so cost of the thread stand.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "thistlebug" <pegijane39@...> wrote:

Jim,

Watch out, I am thinking again.
Is this possible? When looking at
the back of the 12000 I spotted
two screws near the top about 5"
in from the wheel end under the
handle. Do you think it would be
possible to get two longer screws
and screw the 11000 thread holder
onto the back of the machine? I
don't know what those screws are
screwed into, but thought it was
worth a try. What do you think?
This would save us from purchasing
another thread holder. Thanks,
Peg in cool FL

Donna Morton

No sure about the US but the 12000 5 spool thread stand here in Canada is half the price of the one for the 11000.

Donna M
Canada

Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 6:52 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: thread holder

--- In mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com, "thistlebug" wrote:

> Jim,
>
> Watch out, I am thinking again.
> Is this possible? When looking at
> the back of the 12000 I spotted
> two screws near the top about 5"
> in from the wheel end under the
> handle. Do you think it would be
> possible to get two longer screws
> and screw the 11000 thread holder
> onto the back of the machine? I
> don't know what those screws are
> screwed into, but thought it was
> worth a try. What do you think?
> This would save us from purchasing
> another thread holder. Thanks,
> Peg in cool FL

Anne <csarina43@...>

I have the thread holder from my 11000 on my 12000 just undo the screws slightly, and slip over the slots as you do on the 11000 it fits perfectly, tighten the scres enough to hold the stand in place.

Actually my 12000 is at this momrnt in time on its way back to Janome UK. It started doing weird things at the weekend.......watch this space.