The long-awaited Quilt Binder video

Jim Stutsman

Edited

Way back in 2019 BC (Before COVID) Diane did a video to append to the Quilt Binder video in the FootBook app. Many other projects and activities got in the way, and then, well 2020. This week I finished editing the video and updating FootBook. To save you having to try and find the new bits I have uploaded just that video here - UPDATE video cannot be viewed from this post. Will move it and post again with a working link.

Enjoy!

Chris House

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 3:12 PM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Way back in 2019 BC (Before COVID) Diane did a video to append to the Quilt Binder video in the FootBook app. Many other projects and activities got in the way, and then, well 2020. This week I finished editing the video and updating FootBook. To save you having to try and find the new bits I have uploaded just that video here: Quilt Binder-Finishing.m4v

Enjoy!

Sharleen Brett

Thanks, Jim, but this isn’t allowing me to access for some reason. I click on the link, and it seems to be downloading but then suddenly blows off.

Am I doing something wrong?

Sharleen Brett
Cell: (817) 939-6469

On Jan 31, 2021, at 7:38 PM, Chris House <cadogface@...> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 3:12 PM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Way back in 2019 BC (Before COVID) Diane did a video to append to the Quilt Binder video in the FootBook app. Many other projects and activities got in the way, and then, well 2020. This week I finished editing the video and updating FootBook. To save you having to try and find the new bits I have uploaded just that video here: Quilt Binder-Finishing.m4v

Enjoy!

Jim Stutsman

As usual good intention is subverted by Windows browsers, though this site may also be involved. I'll have to move it somewhere else. Give me a day or two.

Randi Kemper

I can’t seem to find this video. the link takes me to the file page and I don

T see it listed

Randi Kemper

randisbear1@...

--
Randi Kemper
Magical Machine Embroidery

Jim Stutsman

As it happens, the video cannot be viewed from Groups.io, so I have pulled it. As soon as I find a new home for it I will post a new link that works. Your patience is appreciated!

Cheryl Paul

Hi Jim, from the snowy city of Saskatoon

Are you going to put the video into Footbook as well?  I have really used that video more than one person should need to, but it is the BEST one I have seen and I've been in personal demonstrations with Liz Thompson, our Canadian Education Manger - also many times.  I always want to refresh to improve my application skills with that attachment, I need things to be PERFECT - or my version of perfect, which is sometimes questionable.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Jim Stutsman

It's actually in FootBook now, at the end of the original video. It's about 3 minutes in.

Jim Stutsman

And trying again, this time on YouTube: https://youtu.be/aNOoKM6ejZg
I'm not crazy about Google getting a little richer with our video, but at least everyone should be able to see it here.

Suzanne Martin

Totally agree but You Tube is a great option.  Was wishing she had held up the quilt for us to see all of it!

Thank you,

Suzanne Martin, GRI

Licensed Broker Associate

Charles Rutenberg Realty Orlando LLC

Suzmar45@...

407-234-6906

I'm not crazy about Google getting a little richer with our video, but at least everyone should be able to see it here.

Jim Stutsman

It's not actually a quilt, but a placemat. I've attached some photos.

June E Hudspeth

Thanks Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Works great, truly appreciate it.

June/Sacramento

It's not actually a quilt, but a placemat. I've attached some photos.

VLS

Fantastic video, great job Diane.

Vicki S

Sent: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 6:11 PM

It's not actually a quilt, but a placemat. I've attached some photos.

juliadlf.ny@...

I have the Quilt Binder and love it. It takes a bit of practice on larger quilt projects. I was using the foot included with the binder but I saw that Diane was using the Acufeed Flex Straight Stitch HP2 foot so I may try that once we move into our new place and I get the sewing room set up. Thanks Diane and Jim for the update.
Julia

Deb K.

Hi Jim,
I viewed the video, as always great job thanks to both of you. I have to admit that I have this expensive attachment but have never used it on my 15000 or my M7, I have feared turning corners, and like the idea of doubled fabric over the edge of the quilt. I do believe I saw somewhere a technique with the attachment that uses a double fold binding, that for another day. ONE QUESTION, I see you have marked out the accompanying foot, like Diane I would probably rather use the hp AccuFeed foot but does the provided foot work, or is it something that I should NOT use? Just wondering if I should just put it away somewhere.
Thanks for all
Deb K

Jim Stutsman

Edited

Oh Deb, that was a long time ago and I have slept since then. I *think* I marked that foot out because originally there was no binder attachment for the 9mm machines and that was a 7mm foot. So, yes, if you bought the binder for your specific machine, then you can use the included foot. But if you have a 9mm model and bought the binder for a 7mm machine, don't use it.

And proving once again that memory is the first thing to go: I have been advised that my answer was 100% wrong. It has nothing to do with 7mm vs 9mm. Because the binder attaches in place of the bobbin cover, there are different versions for different families of machines. The foot was marked out because it does not work well on machines with AcuFeed. The AcuFeed feet included with those machines work much better. You can still use the foot provided, but you may have better luck with AcuFeed.

Randi Kemper

Great video!

Thank you!

Randi Kemper

randisbear1@...

--
Randi Kemper
Magical Machine Embroidery

Randi Kemper

Hi Jim,
I know this has been asked 1000 times but what kind of Ipad do I need to go with my 15000. I had an old one but it was the one that was given to me when I bought the machine. I don't want to spend very much I do have the Iphone 8+--