Topics

Thanks I really needed to know how to add new topics/questions

Sewhat

Forgive me for ways I have been asking questions.  Installing MBX was not easy going from windows 10 - 10 as you stated previously.  Thank you for your help.  Thank you soooo much!

Does MBX send via WiFi to the Janome 15000?   If so I can’t get it to work,  I always send via HSL.    HSL sends no problem, but that’s two steps.  Maybe for a good reason i dont know. 

Jim Stutsman

MBX V5.0 does not support WiFi to machines. I can't speak to V5.5, as we don't have it.

Lyn Quine

I have sent via wifi from V5 to the 15000, but it has been hit and miss.  I find the 15000 is very wifi hungry, I can’t have anything else other than either the iPad and send from the Acu suite or my laptop and V5 with the machine in wifi mode.  I can’t have the machine on the wifi every time it’s switched on because nothing else can you the wifi.  Normally our phones computers etc are on the wifi with no problems, but they can’t connect once the 15 is on it.  The laptop can’t be next to the 15000 either it has to be away from it maybe even in another room, if it’s sat next to it as I would to connect by the cable it doesn’t work.

Virginia

That is strange. I have not had that issue. It is probably your server.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 7/2/19 5:10 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Thanks I really needed to know how to add new topics/questions

I have sent via wifi from V5 to the 15000, but it has been hit and miss.  I find the 15000 is very wifi hungry, I can’t have anything else other than either the iPad and send from the Acu suite or my laptop and V5 with the machine in wifi mode.  I can’t have the machine on the wifi every time it’s switched on because nothing else can you the wifi.  Normally our phones computers etc are on the wifi with no problems, but they can’t connect once the 15 is on it.  The laptop can’t be next to the 15000 either it has to be away from it maybe even in another room, if it’s sat next to it as I would to connect by the cable it doesn’t work.

Vikki Youngmeyer

I had this problem at one time. In my case it wasn’t  my 15000, but a problem with how the modem/wifi was configured to handle multiple devices. There is only so much bandwidth and it has to share what it has with the devices using it. What my system was doing was that the first device to use the internet hogged everything and would release it when others “came knocking”.

My internet provider is Windstream and they were able to access my account remotely thru the internet IP address and change a couple of settings to allow multiple devices and to reset bandwidth when devices were added/removed. I would assume that other internet providers have similar capabilities.

Vikki

Houston, TX

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of Lyn Quine
Sent: Tuesday, July 2, 2019 4:11 AM
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Thanks I really needed to know how to add new topics/questions

Lyn Quine

Normally there’s at least 2 phones, my iPad and an IMAC and my Acer all happily sharing the internet.  As soon as I put the 15 on the net everything slows down and the internet drops.  We’ve tested it by putting everything on the net and then turning one off at a time, the 15 will only work on the internet if all bar either the iPad or one of the windows devices  is on.  My husband can’t use the iMac with the 15 on wifi, as soon as the 15 is off the internet all the devices can share again.  I don’t bother now I use a USB stick.  We are in the UK and virgin media is our ISP  they’ve looked at our system remotely, they can see what we use and everything is working as it should.  We are in a part of the country which has the best internet coverage and speed.  It’s the 15 that’s the problem.  It’s a V2 upgraded to 3 perhaps later versions are better

Jim Stutsman

I think a lot of the WiFi issue stem from the fact that WiFi is a radio, and radios require an antenna. In the case of the 15000 the antenna is buried inside a case right next to a very large chunk of aluminum, which will seriously degrade the WiFi signal. In your case I suspect that what's happening is that the machine is trying to send or receive data, it gets an error due to the signal being degraded, so it retries. This causes your machine to behave like a hacker launching a "denial of service" attack as it floods your network with retry attempts. WiFi would work so much better if Janome had made the antenna external to the machine, with a plug. They could have even embedded it inside the foot control cable to hide it.

thequiltedpeppers

my machine is 1 yr old so my wi fi might be newer  It works great and is in a room with computer, network, ipad , and notebook and it works great all the time.  I do love this feature with the accu edit
betsy in CA

Virginia

My machine is a little over 1 yr old and it is 3 rooms away from the wi fi and works fine. The provider is what determines how well your wi fi will cooperate with your machine. Some are faster and the range better than others.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 7/2/19 8:44 PM (GMT-05:00)

my machine is 1 yr old so my wi fi might be newer  It works great and is in a room with computer, network, ipad , and notebook and it works great all the time.  I do love this feature with the accu edit
betsy in CA

Jim Stutsman

A bit of correction here - the Internet provider affects your WiFi quality ONLY through any WiFi equipment they provide. If you are using your own WiFi gear, the speed and quality of your ISP connection has no effect on WiFi connectivity and reliability.