From: danlin@...
Date: 3/13/18 4:52 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Tension

I have the 12000 and am having problems with the tension in embroidery mode only. There is none! The thread pulls through loosely whether the foot is down or up. The top thread is what you see on the underneath, very little bobin thread. In the sewing mode no problems. Does anyone know what could be causing this?
--
LindaB

danlin@...

-- yes I am using a thread stand. When I say the thread is loose I mean that there is absolutely no tension. The underneath of the embroidery has very little bobbin thread. What is so weird is that in sewing mode the tension is fine.
LindaB

danlin@...

yes I am changing my bobin cases and have gone to the Embroidery set screen and have set it at the highess setting and still absolutely no tension. What is weird is that there is some on the sewing mode! Thank you for the auick reply. I will try the update.
--
LindaB

Virginia

If there are no loops pn the front and the front looks ok that is how it is supposed to be. I have the 15000 and had the 12000 and it was and is the same. If the bobbin thtead was showing on top that would be a problem. Embroidery is different. Not a good idea yo syart changing tensions. Let your dealer check that for you.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

-- yes I am using a thread stand. When I say the thread is loose I mean that there is absolutely no tension. The underneath of the embroidery has very little bobbin thread. What is so weird is that in sewing mode the tension is fine.
LindaB

Laura Galto <lgalto@...>

Just wondering if you tried a different thread. I had similar problem during the holidays. I changed to another brand of thread I had on hand. That was it; the spool was fine at first, but in the middle it started acting up.  Turned out it was “weird” in the center - kind of wavy.

Always nice when it’s easy 😉.

On Mar 13, 2018, at 7:44 PM, danlin@... wrote:

yes I am changing my bobin cases and have gone to the Embroidery set screen and have set it at the highess setting and still absolutely no tension. What is weird is that there is some on the sewing mode! Thank you for the auick reply. I will try the update.
--
LindaB

Virginia

Sorry. Do not know why the machines were underlined.