Template Alignment Guides for border designs
Thank you for starting this list as I am sure we will all have many questions. Who better to answer them?
As I anxiously await for the delivery of my machine, I have been reading thoroughly the brochure that was given at the launch party.
I am referring now to doing border designs and on page 10 it says that some of the included border designs will "automatically create small basting stitches called Template Alignment Guides".
Here are my questions;
1. I am assuming there is no clothsetter with the 12000.
2. Will the machine automatically do this for all border designs such as those you purchase from another source?
3. Will the new software do that if the machine does not?
Maybe you and Diane will think it worthwhile to do a newsletter on this subject with the detailed explanations and photos that you sometimes do.
This is one of the many reasons I wanted this machine.. I want to do borders on curtain valances and bed skirts.
Pat the alignment stitches are only on the border designs that are installed with the Horizon Link software. They are put there during digitizing, not by the machine. There is no facility within the Horizon Link software to add them to other designs, but you could do that yourself in Digitizer. This is obviously something we're going to have to address in the future, because the documentation for Horizon is really sparse.toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
In answer to your questions:
1. True, there is no Clothsetter and apparently there will not ever be one.
2. No automatic alignment, but Diane was able to add some marks in the EDIT screen of the machine using the large "T" shaped stitch in the "Normal Sew" group.
3. No, the Horizon Link software does not even seem to have the "Normal Sew" designs.
--- In email@example.com, Patricia Ward <ward.pm@...> wrote:
I am referring now to doing border designs and on page 10 it says that some