stitches on 7700 and other questions

Julie

Jim – a few questions for you.

1.       Is there any chart on the Janome site that will show the stitches on the 7700 machine?.   The binder video on the Canadian site refers to stitch #100 on the 7700 when using the binder.  I sold my 7700 after I bought the 12000 machine and not able to look at what the stitches are to find comparable stitches.

2.      I bought the quilt binder today that Diane found works with the 12000 accufeed foot and am wondering if this same binder works on the Janome 1000 Cover Pro.

3.      I know this is not a serger list, but do you know if there might be a workbook for the Janome 1200D serger?  I would like some inspiration for using it.

Thanks so much!

Julie

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

1. Stitch 100 is a quilting serpentine stitch. That's one option, but in our tests and videos we used a straight stitch.

2. There are two binders that fit the 1000CP & 1000CPX CoverPro machines. The binder for the 7700 (Part #846421007) attaches only to the 6500, 6600, 7700, 11000, and 12000. The actual binder assembly will fit on the CoverPro set (Part #7958381030), which you must have to attach it to the machine.

3. There is no workbook for the 1200D. The only "extra" they had when we closed last year was a threading guide book which I don't have a part number for. It was very good, and we gave one away with each machine we sold. I don't imagine it would be much of an inspiration though. Sorry!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Julie" <jjems@...> wrote:

Jim - a few questions for you.

1. Is there any chart on the Janome site that will show the stitches
on the 7700 machine?. The binder video on the Canadian site refers to
stitch #100 on the 7700 when using the binder. I sold my 7700 after I
bought the 12000 machine and not able to look at what the stitches are to
find comparable stitches.

2. I bought the quilt binder today that Diane found works with the
12000 accufeed foot and am wondering if this same binder works on the Janome
1000 Cover Pro.

3. I know this is not a serger list, but do you know if there might be
a workbook for the Janome 1200D serger? I would like some inspiration for
using it.

Thanks so much!

Julie

Julie

Thank you, Jim.  I did not particularly like using a decorative stitch on top of the binding either, but it caused me to want to know if there is a chart anywhere that Janome has that would show you what the stitches are on the 7700 machine.  There were some there that I really liked – and probably they are also on the 12K machine but I would love to see a chart if one exists.

Just wondering – there used to be lots of lessons on the Janome site for Digitizer and now I can’t find them.  Have they taken away the lessons, or am I just not seeing where they are located?

Julie

1. Stitch 100 is a quilting serpentine stitch. That's one option, but in our tests and videos we used a straight stitch.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Here's a stitch chart for the 7700:
http://www.sewingmachines.co.uk/janomemc7700stitch.htm

I found 2 projects using Digitizer MBX here:
http://janomespecials.com/mc12000/projects.htm
My guess is that they have removed all projects for previous versions now that MBX is here. As for lessons, if you don't have Digitizer MBX it is possible to get an instructional DVD for Digitizer Pro/MB V3 from Trevor Conquergood:
http://www.sunsetstitches.com

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Julie" <jjems@...> wrote:

Thank you, Jim. I did not particularly like using a decorative stitch on
top of the binding either, but it caused me to want to know if there is a
chart anywhere that Janome has that would show you what the stitches are on
the 7700 machine. There were some there that I really liked - and probably
they are also on the 12K machine but I would love to see a chart if one
exists.

Just wondering - there used to be lots of lessons on the Janome site for
Digitizer and now I can't find them. Have they taken away the lessons, or
am I just not seeing where they are located?

Julie

1. Stitch 100 is a quilting serpentine stitch. That's one option, but in our
tests and videos we used a straight stitch.

gbmko

I'm still confused about the binder- is there one that can be used both on the 12000 and the cover pro? Thanks!

[...]

Well it is confusing the way Janome designed it. A binder SET comes with two main pieces, in addition to attaching screws. If you buy it for a sewing machine (6500, 6600, 7700, 11000, 12000) you get a piece that attaches to the machine by connecting in place of the bobbin cover. If you get it for the CoverPro, you get a piece that attaches to the CoverPro with a couple of screws. The sewing machine binder set (846421007) comes with a 1/2" binder. The CoverPro set (795840108 for 2 needle, 795838103 for 3 needle) comes with the attaching base and a binder that does 1/4" finished binding.

The attaching bases are different, but the binders are the same. So you could use the CoverPro binder on the sewing machine (1/4") and vice-versa (1/2"). You can also buy additional binder-only attachments for other sizes, and those work on either attaching base:
795824014 - 5/16"
795842007 - 7/16"

All of these devices are quite expensive, so you're in for a chunk of change to buy the initial 2 sets. The others are expensive as well, but at least you can use them on both machines.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "gbmko" <gbmko@...> wrote:

[...]

Wow – you are the male version of a Fairy Godmother!  Thanks so much

Re: stitches on 7700 and other questions

Posted by: "Jim_Stutsman" jim@...   Jim_Stutsman

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:02 am (PST)