Topics

Stitch in the ditch quilting

Linda Wunder

I am having trouble with my quilt feeding at all. It is two layers (the pieced fabric and fleece backing). What setting and feet shout I be using for the best results. I have the 15000. Thanks for suggestions

Ann Jones

Hi Linda
   Two layers? Usually quilts have a material backing making a third.  Are you using polyfleece? Batting / wadding and dogfeeds are not friends but fleece should feed. Use your acufoot- is one of your feet options. The acufoot stitch in ditch foot is usually an optional purchase. The difference is -on one side of the middle V is a black vertical metal piece that gives your eye guidance to stitch along but first mentioned is fine too.  For what you are doing normal straight stitching should be okay- stitch ditching use the setting length( usually a standard small stitch so not to show)  but  for quilting make the stitch longer.Your  manual has all this info especially in regard to putting on the acufoot. Practice your stitch lengths on a  sample as on fleece I would tend to make a slightly longer stitch even for the ditch.
Ann

Sent from Yahoo7 Mail. Get the app

On Friday, 8 June 2018, 3:24, Linda Wunder <glwunderful@...> wrote:

I am having trouble with my quilt feeding at all. It is two layers (the pieced fabric and fleece backing). What setting and feet shout I be using for the best results. I have the 15000. Thanks for suggestions

Linda Wunder

Thanks Ann. With help on here and on FB I got everything set up and working great.   I think I was just having a bad day yesterday and nothing was working.
Linda