Topics

still having trouble with my 550E

bhoryn

I am still experiencing troubles with my machine when doing any lettering.     The thread always shreds and the white from the bobbin shows through the fabric.     I have tried numerous things, new needle, different threads, different stabilizers and different fabrics.  I even ordered prewound Janome bobbins rather than wind my own.  I think I need to take my machine back to the dealer to have them look at it it unless you can give me any suggestions.    I'm going to try to post a picture in the picture section    Thanks for any additional suggestions you may have for me.

Beth

Lyn Quine

Is the lettering in the embroidery side or the alphabet on the sewing side?

bhoryn

The lettering was made in Embird from an alphabet or font I have in my embroidery files and then transferred to the USB stick to put in my machine.    Does that answer your question ?

On Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 4:04 PM, Lyn Quine <lynquine@...> wrote:

Is the lettering in the embroidery side or the alphabet on the sewing side?

Lyn Quine

Yes thank you.  I have problems with alphabets on the sewing side, I think I need to try and use the dial on the side of the machine to ‘balance’ the stitching.  That’s why I asked.

it sounds as though the tension is tight on the top thread, it’s pulling the bobbin thread up.  That is probably why it’s shredding too.  Is the thread being held back or getting caught and pulling back on itself.  Are you using the horizontal spindle for the thread.  Is it a spool of thread or a mini cop/cone which needs to be on a threadstand at the side or back of the machine?

bhoryn

Here is a picture of the shredded thread.  Any suggestions or help is very much appreciated.

Roberta K

Beth:

Have you tried using the the bobbin holder with the yellow dot? Other than that the tension on the top thread is too tight or the tension on the bobbin thread is too loose. It’s easier to try changing to the yellow dot bobbin holder than to start adjusting the red dot bobbin holder tension.

Roberta in FL

bwabit

Just a thought, try wrapping the thread only once around the tension bar with the yellow bobbin holder. I accently wrapped it only once and the thread was loose.