] Sticky Stuff off hoops

JoAnn Novak

  Have you tried DAWN DISH SOAP??      It cleans up almost everything

  JoAnn

On 10/20/2021 7:14 PM, Kathy Skagen wrote:
Thanks for that option. I tried the soapy water today but it didn't work very well for me. Maybe the 505 adhesive it too sticky? Or  I waited too long to remove it and the build up was thicker.
Kathy

On Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 02:28:00 PM CDT, norma carson <norma7750@...> wrote:

Williams Electric Shave works great!
Norma

On Oct 20, 2021, at 7:12 AM, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

Re getting sticky stuff off of hoops.
When I was a new embroiderer I used to use a very smelly spray that was designed for cleaning hoops, because I was told that's what to use. Yukk.
Finally I just resorted to filling up the kitchen sink with very warm water & dish soap, brand doesn't matter.
Wash them as you would a dinner plate, The hoops come out sparkling clean.
--
Favymtz

Kathy Skagen

Yes, that's the dish soap I used. I have always had to go to great extents to get it off, so maybe it's whatever my hoops are made of. They're quite old. I will definitely keep dish soap in mind for my 15000 hoops.
Thanks,
Kathy

On Friday, October 22, 2021, 09:30:06 AM CDT, JoAnn Novak <vinjosew@...> wrote:

[...]

Toni Valenstein

I use Goo Gone from the dollar tree.  Works easily and very well.