stabilizers

Barb Stone

Jim, you indicated that you are not fond of sticky stabilizers. What is your stabilizer of choice for hoopless embroidery?

Barb

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

We do most of our non-hooped embroidery on the MB-4 using FastFrames instead of hoops. They can be used with sticky stabilizer, but we usually use binder clips instead. On the 12000 we have some water-soluble sticky stabilizer that we like. It doesn't leave nearly the residue that conventional stabilizers do (Sulky Sticky!), and it can be cleaned off with a damp cloth. We carried it in the store with our own label on it, and it's available from lots of dealers as well as online. It call "Adhesive Wash Away" and it's sold in rolls packed in plastic tubes.