soft plastic

Vickie

Has anyone had any problems with the thread cutting the plastic housing where you thread the machine through the uptake arm? I've noticed that I have several nicks in my brand-new machine where I've slid the thread over going into the uptake lever.

I can't believe this has happened. I haven't had this problem with my 11000, 7700, 6600 or even my 4800! Haven't had a chance to talk to my dealer yet, just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

-Vickie

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Over the years I've seen many machines with plastic damaged by thread. One lady used to wind bobbins by running the thread up to the bobbin winder directly from the needle, so she wouldn't have to unthread her machine. The front of the machine looked like the Old Chisholm Trail! Polyester thread moving at speed will actually cut through plastic like a hot knife through butter.

That said, I've never seen damage from simply threading the machine. Ours has been threaded over and over as Diane continues the Christmas sewing frenzy, and there's not a mark on it. It's hard to see how the thread could even make a nick in the take-up lever area. Can you send me a picture? Don't send it to the list, as Yahoo will delete it. Send it to:
jim@onlinesewing.com

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Vickie" <vickie_fowler@...> wrote:

Has anyone had any problems with the thread cutting the plastic housing where you thread the machine through the uptake arm? I've noticed that I have several nicks in my brand-new machine where I've slid the thread over going into the uptake lever.

I can't believe this has happened. I haven't had this problem with my 11000, 7700, 6600 or even my 4800! Haven't had a chance to talk to my dealer yet, just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

-Vickie

vicki chrobak

I haven't had that problem Vickie but I have had thread get caught between plastic & metal plate just below position 2. Needless to say it shreds.

--
Vicki Jo