so WHERE is the 15000

Patricia Ward

Ok- this is interesting....

On the Janome home page the Continental M17 is now listed and you can read about it.. then it has the place where they compare machine models....

The 15000 is not there...

It lists the M17, 11000SE, 12000, and the 9900.

The 15000 is not there and something tells me they are not going to continue making it or selling it because there are too many features of it that have been put into the M17 and people would buy the 15000 because it is more cost friendly.
If this is so, Janome,  BIG MISTAKE.

Not everyone can afford or lift the M17. I don't think there is a free arm ability for the machine.

BUT as we constantly hear in their presentations.. it has the biggest, the fastest and the bestest of this or that in the entire industry. ... So is this whole machine thing a big race to see which company can stay on top with the newest and best of this or that?  I am beginning to think so.

Pat

Lyn Quine

The 15000 hasn’t been on sale in the UK for over a year, it’s a discontinued machine, you can only get them secondhand.

On 20 Apr 2022, at 20:38, Patricia Ward <ward.pm@...> wrote:

[...]

My dealer had not been notified of that as of three weeks ago. She told me she had been trying to get some into the shop since August but couldn’t get them.

Pat

On Apr 20, 2022, at 4:01 PM, Lyn Quine <lynquine@...> wrote:

[...]

HEATHER COWAN

If the 15000 is not available new in the shops it will make them more desirable as second hand sales.  Gals who want to trade up or sell them in order to buy the New M17 will more readily be able to do both.  Shorting them new in the retail shops might be a good strategy for expediting sales of the new model. …. Hm…….. makes yah wonder ….

On Apr 20, 2022, at 13:39, Patricia Ward <ward.pm@...> wrote:

My dealer had not been notified of that as of three weeks ago. She told me she had been trying to get some into the shop since August but couldn’t get them.

Pat

_._,_._,_

Lyn Quine

I think the pandemic may have accelerated the turn down in manufacturing.  Machines have been in short supply right across the industry.    The 15000 hasn’t benn on the UK website for over a year.  They’ve discontinued and no longer supporting Digitizer V5.5 either.   The only embroidery machines advertised here have been the 550e and the atelier 9.  A friend had to wait 8 months for the 550e as there were none in the country.

On 20 Apr 2022, at 21:39, Patricia Ward <ward.pm@...> wrote:

[...]

Maybe part of it was the chip shortage which also had computer sales and new car sales affected as well.

On Apr 20, 2022, at 4:48 PM, Lyn Quine <lynquine@...> wrote:

[...]

LeonP <lpluymaekers@...>

I must be a complete Luddite...

The vast majority of my sewing is performed on my trusty Janome 1600DBX Straight Stitch, which I've had for a decade.

ALL serging/cover stitching is performed on the Janome 1200D, which is actually crazy easy to operate.

Zig Zag and buttonholes? Well, I have my ancient Singer 6268, which makes the best buttonholes. Period. Well, unless I'm creating buttonholes by hand, on jackets, overcoats, etc.

Embroidery? The trustworthy and bullet proof Janome 400E.

I know Janome, and I trust the products.

All of the new gewgaws, bells and whistles and hoopla? Just a ploy to increase the prices and let the people pay for things which are probably unnecessary.

PT Barnum said it best, and I already live in an area of the USA which might be considered to be a freak show...

Good luck, everyone!

Léon

In Janome USA go to the Horizontal Quilt Maker Memory Craft 15000, then go to the Model Comparison chart and choose the Continental M17.

What I found is that the Continental M17:

1. Does not have Dual Voltage (80v-240)
2. No Free arm
3. No twin needle guard
4. No stitch combination
5. Only Two hoops included: 11”x18.1” and 11”x11”

The new features:

1. It has 850 stitches, 340 more than the 15000
2. Computarized needle threather instead of automatic
3. Number of designs 1230, 751 more than the 15000
4. Máximum embroidery size 11.3 “x 18.2”
5. The Design transfer option is wireless instead of vía Horizon Link
6. The embroidery sewing speed increased to 1200
7.Adjustable hoop positioning

And as long as I understood, a Digitizer Jr. is included

I hope this may help

Saludos desde Ciudad de México!

El miércoles, abril 20, 2022, 3:57 p.m., Patricia Ward <ward.pm@...> escribió:

[...]

Cat - N

Ummm…I’ve been looking at specs and what saw was that…

 And/or

say the M17 comes with 6 hoops, Artistic Digitizer Jr. 5.5 (not to be confused with MBX), embroidery speed max is 1,200 spm (400-1200) but straight stitch is 1,300 spm…

Wondering now if there’s some discrepancies in some webpages…

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.

On Apr 21, 2022 at 1:55 PM, <MARIE via groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Enviado desde Yahoo Mail para iPad

[...]

We have wireless transfer via the iPad apps already I used it today, I have also used V5.5 wireless as well, I still need to try Hatch to see if I can transfer with it.  But acudesign does transfer

On 21 Apr 2022, at 19:20, Cat - N via groups.io <navillusc@...> wrote:

[...]

Karen Mann

When you are in the comparing the machines section you can click on change machines and scroll through the pages to the 15 K select and it will show up in the column for comparison

Cat - N

AcuEdit, AcuDesign, and Horizon Link Suite (HLS) will transfer designs by WiFi but Hatch will not. I save my (Hatch) designs then transfer by WiFi via HLS. Although Wilcom makes both Hatch and MBX, they make/made MBX under contract with Janome to Janome’s specs.

On Apr 21, 2022 at 2:37 PM, <Lyn Quine> wrote:

[...]

Pixey

I did find the in the 15000 for on the Janome site for comparison.  Under the change machine option, choose embroidery machines and go to the 2nd page of machines.  It was listed there.

Given they are both TOL machines, there is going to be a lot that is similar.  The biggest differences in my mind is the side mounted vs back connected hoops, the value of the improved Accuflex system (in one picture looks like activates differently and comes down into the foot mechanism rather than snapping in place on the back), and the stitch regulator capabilities.  It is just personal choice as to how important these things are to each person.

Pixey

On Apr 20, 2022, at 2:38 PM, Patricia Ward <ward.pm@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes, Pixey, I found the 15000 after doing some more looking but it is sad to see it near the end of the listings for machines.  I guess they really want to sell this new one!! I am sure there is a lot of money tied up in design, prototypes, etc and they have to make all of that pay off.

I still am not interested because of the size and weight limitations for me. I am so happy with my 15000; she was singing for me today when I used her.

Pat

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 6:20 PM Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Virginia

Sad to say Janome even though I love the machines dropped Wilc (Hatch,) and Trevor quickly for the new Artistc software which in reality(I believe) was the name of Bernina software for years.  Wilco had and still has great support and Trevor's classes along with Maggie taught us all how and what and where to use our software. Now Janome has stopped most support (depending whom we get to contact on their website) .  I have tried the free artistic and it is not user friendly and am so happy I switched to Hatch.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

[...]

Andrea LaVergne

Virginia, I agree about Hatch and so glad that we had Maggie and Trevor. Now the support of maggiesgroup today provides help for our digitizing, even if we happen to be a quiet bunch right now.
Andrea

Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...>

I agree, Andrea. When I asked for help, I got it right away even though there is not much activity on a daily basis.
Kathy

On Friday, April 22, 2022, 11:11:36 PM CDT, Andrea LaVergne <lscsew@...> wrote:

Virginia, I agree about Hatch and so glad that we had Maggie and Trevor. Now the support of maggiesgroup today provides help for our digitizing, even if we happen to be a quiet bunch right now.
Andrea

Glynnis Ballou

I find it interesting that Janome is including Digi Jr. with the new machine.  Could that mean they are going add Digi MBX again at some point?  Why aren't they promoting the Artistic program with this new machine?

Glynnis in KY

On Saturday, April 23, 2022, 12:03:58 PM EDT, Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...> wrote:

I agree, Andrea. When I asked for help, I got it right away even though there is not much activity on a daily basis.
Kathy

On Friday, April 22, 2022, 11:11:36 PM CDT, Andrea LaVergne <lscsew@...> wrote:

Virginia, I agree about Hatch and so glad that we had Maggie and Trevor. Now the support of maggiesgroup today provides help for our digitizing, even if we happen to be a quiet bunch right now.
Andrea

Carolyn Gazerro

I believe the digitizer program is Artistic Digitizer!

favymtz

It is Artistic Digitizer that is included with the M-17, not the old Digitizer Jr!
AD is a good software program and Janome Educator Anne Hein has some great tutorials on FaceBook to teach everyone how to use it.
She has some very good practical projects that teach basic skills and more.
I'll promote it, and encourage people to use it even though I don't personally own it, being an MBX & Hatch owner, but AD does some things that my programs don't do! As is the case with all the digitizing programs. Each have their own strengths...
Favymtz

--
Favymtz