Skyline S9 coverplate stuck

Kathleen Chevalier

The bobbin thread in my S9 became tangled. I got what I think are all the threads out, but my bobbin cover plate won't open. The button that slides sideways doesn't work. The plate is on crooked just a bit.

Anybody have any suggestions for getting the cover plate off?

--
Kathleen Chevalier
western Pennsylvania

Kathy Strabel

Kathleen----I have the S7, so not sure if your S9 has a different cover plate. Can you just press the lever underneath that pops up the entire throat plate/needle plate?  Remove the whole thing, turn it over to expose the bottom of the clear cover plate and see if there is something there preventing it from being removed; maybe more thread??  Since  you say it is just a bit crooked, it sounds like you had a big tangle and the clear plate got pushed out of alignment.  Good luck, I know that machine boo boos can be very frustrating.
Kathy Strabel   Camas WA

Kathleen Chevalier

I got it, thank you.

On Thu 8/12/2021 5:22 PM, Kathy Strabel wrote:
Kathleen----I have the S7, so not sure if your S9 has a different cover plate. Can you just press the lever underneath that pops up the entire throat plate/needle plate?  Remove the whole thing, turn it over to expose the bottom of the clear cover plate and see if there is something there preventing it from being removed; maybe more thread??  Since  you say it is just a bit crooked, it sounds like you had a big tangle and the clear plate got pushed out of alignment.  Good luck, I know that machine boo boos can be very frustrating.
Kathy Strabel   Camas WA
--
Kathleen Chevalier
western Pennsylvania

Ceil J

I had a problem with my 15000's clear bobbin cover plates.  Two of them just would not pop up.  I finally discovered that the little plastic tab closest to me was missing on two of them!  I thought I was very careful with my machine but I must have been abusive.  They were very cheap to replace.