Skipped stitches with Janome M7

barbarabailey4gk@...

I am having skipped stitch issues when FM quilting on my new Janome M7. Piecing is fine, but when doing FM with the PD-H foot, it will quilt for about about 5 inches then a big skip occurs.  I've adjusted speed, tried quilting with and without foot pedal, changed thread spools (I use Aurifil), triple checked my threading of the machine and bobbin, rewound the bobbin, changed the needle twice (once Janome purple and once Superior 90/14), purchased a blue dot bobbin case, adjusted my presser foot height, placed a drop of oil on the bobbin case felt. Anyone else having a similar problem?

Cheryl Paul

One thing you might try and that is to thread the machine using both parts at the thread stand - it means that you have to loop the thread around the top. It just adds a little extra tension. I’ve started doing this with ALL my sewing on this machine - not because of skipped stitches, but because a friend suggested this to me and another friend (we always sewed together as often as we could before COVID and we all have the M7). I’m not sure that is necessary for everything, but you might find it helps. I’m not a free motioner but I’ve read and been told that the direction you move the fabric can make a difference and moving things too quickly or not at a steady pace, but that is only hearsay as I don’t do this technique.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Barbara Bailey <barbarabailey4gk@...>

I'll try that, thanks!