Topics

Sewing pressure

cas

Ok, thanks! I looked and the foot pressure is on “auto” in straight stitch.  I noticed he had the tension on +5 when I got it back so I wondered if there was an over-all setting he changed for foot pressure.

All this time I thought they replaced the whole “mechanism”.  Whatever the “pole” is called that the needle bar is mounted on.  I browsed through the repair manual but for some reason can’t think of what the whole works is called.  I guess I was thinking, new feet/new pole.

I have noticed the foot seems to hover quite high in the up for pivoting position but haven’t been able to adjust it lower, closer to the fabric.  It is set at 1.5 in the settings but I haven’t noticed a difference.

Cas

Linda Wunder

I am having a related issue... I think .  When I start to sew two layers of fabric...i.e. two quilt pieces, my machine starts to sew but doesn't move forward. It sews in one place, so I get a glob of thread on the bottom and have to start over.  It works the best if I start in about .25 inch, but then I have to go back and resew that quarter inch from the other side.  I also have trouble sewing over seams.   Any ideas of settings to change or what I should try.  Thanks

Linda

Bruce & Theresa Lindal

I had the same problem on my smaller machine for classes, haven’t tried this on my 15000.  I used my quilting foot which is for straight stitching and it fixed the problem.

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 8:07 AM Linda Wunder <glwunderful@...> wrote:
I am having a related issue... I think .  When I start to sew two layers of fabric...i.e. two quilt pieces, my machine starts to sew but doesn't move forward. It sews in one place, so I get a glob of thread on the bottom and have to start over.  It works the best if I start in about .25 inch, but then I have to go back and resew that quarter inch from the other side.  I also have trouble sewing over seams.   Any ideas of settings to change or what I should try.  Thanks

Linda

Bruce & Theresa Lindal

I had the same problem but haven’t tried it on my 15000.  I used the quilting foot which is a single hole so fabric doesn’t go down into the plate whole.

cas

I’m having a little better luck since I increased the foot pressure, but haven’t decided if it needs to go back to the shop.  I always have to use a leader before and after sewing a chain of pieces.  This is just a little scrap of fabric you sew on, then sew directly onto your actual piece instead of trying to start at the edge of your actual piece which usually will go down the hole even if you’re using the straight stitch plate.  https://youtu.be/5VIncGX0Q3k?t=27

I’ve been quilting for years with my 15000 and it’s only since the last upgrade that it’s been balking at seams.

Cas