Servicing of Janome 15000

Judy Jackson

Hi all
Has anyone had a problem with excess oil dripping onto embroidery after servicing? Had my Janome 15000 back from shop on Monday, used it today for the first time since it’s service and I have had oil dripping onto work area when I’ve changed thread and used threader! I have complained to the shop and they say this can happen and it’s a fine line between enough oils and over doing the oil!! They say it’s coming from the take up lever and to rub it away.....which I have now but just wondered if it was bad servicing or a normal occurrence?
Judy, Cornwall U.K.

Debra Mclin

I have never had oil anywhere on my machine after servicing.
Debbie

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 8:03 AM Judy Jackson <judyjackson282@...> wrote:
Hi all
Has anyone had a problem with excess oil dripping onto embroidery after servicing? Had my Janome 15000 back from shop on Monday, used it today for the first time since it’s service and I have had oil dripping onto work area when I’ve changed thread and used threader! I have complained to the shop and they say this can happen and it’s a fine line between enough oils and over doing the oil!! They say it’s coming from the take up lever and to rub it away.....which I have now but just wondered if it was bad servicing or a normal occurrence?
Judy, Cornwall U.K.

Judy Jackson

Debbie, neither have I before this week.....after 20 plus years of machine embroidery. Doesn’t sound right does it?  
Judy 

On 29 Apr 2021, at 20:09, Debra Mclin <rick.debbie.mclin@...> wrote:

I have never had oil anywhere on my machine after servicing.
Debbie

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 8:03 AM Judy Jackson <judyjackson282@...> wrote:
Hi all
Judy, Cornwall U.K.

Cat - N

I have not ever seen any oil 'dripping' anywhere after having my 15000 serviced.

- Cat (FL)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed, Apr 28, 2021 12:36 pm

Hi all
Judy, Cornwall U.K.

ritavlj

While I never had an oil issue, I have been warned it can happen, and to keep an eye out for any excess.

Rita

Sheri-A

My 15000 is at least 7 years and and I've been good about taking it in for maintenance annually, but it's showing it's age.  A few weeks ago, I took it in early for maintenance and adjustments because I was getting loops on the back of the fabric. I mentioned the machine was louder with a grinding sound that was new.  After service I was getting an error message and noticed I was still hearing the sound, so I took it back in.  On the second visit, I was told the tech also oiled the needle bar area to help with the sound.  The sound was much less and the sewing was good.  About a week later, I was sewing binding on a white quilt and notice oil spots in a few areas (about the size of English peas).  Prior to that, I had been sewing on multicolored fabric and may not have seen the oil spots. 

Cheryl Paul

Hi Judy,

If you’ve done as the dealer suggested and rubbed the excess oil away, try stitching something on a scrap of fabric that you would throw away anyway, Do a good size embroidery with inexpensive thread and see what happens. If no more oil is dripping, you should be good to go. I’ve never had this happen, but I think it could be something that might, especially if the technician got interrupted while he was working and didn’t perhaps run his cloth over the area when he was finishing. However, if there is still oil dripping after you test it again, take it back and have them look at it.

I know that we sometimes get worried and rightfully so as these are expensive machines. We do need to give things a test first though before we go into panic mode. For example, yesterday I changed the thread on my Continental M7 and it made a horrible noise when I started stitching. I checked and sure enough, I’d missed the take-up lever and she wasn’t a happy machine at all. Now checking the take-up on that machine is a chore as there is NO door that opens, for my eyes that is a “probably just re-thread the machine”. I think the 15000 does a similar thing when the take-up lever is missed or pops out. My previous machines would sew on, not happily, but usually ending up in a bobbin replacement and nesting disaster and a drip to the repair man for a checkup of the bobbin race and a timing adjustment - it wasn’t fun.

Let us know how you make out.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Judy Jackson

I think in future I will make sure I wipe clean the take up lever and needle before attempting any embroidery after a service. .......although I still feel it was wrong of the service mechanic to have left so much oil.

On 30 Apr 2021, at 19:51, Sheri-A <sheri-a@...> wrote:

My 15000 is at least 7 years and and I've been good about taking it in for maintenance annually, but it's showing it's age.  A few weeks ago, I took it in early for maintenance and adjustments because I was getting loops on the back of the fabric. I mentioned the machine was louder with a grinding sound that was new.  After service I was getting an error message and noticed I was still hearing the sound, so I took it back in.  On the second visit, I was told the tech also oiled the needle bar area to help with the sound.  The sound was much less and the sewing was good.  About a week later, I was sewing binding on a white quilt and notice oil spots in a few areas (about the size of English peas).  Prior to that, I had been sewing on multicolored fabric and may not have seen the oil spots. 

Judy Jackson

Thanks Cheryl, I have stitched today with no more oil dripping. It has left me feeling I don’t want to take my machine to them again though.
As for thread popping out of the take up lever......it is something that happens from time to time and yes the 15000 does complain loudly when this happens!
Judy Cornwall U.K.

On 30 Apr 2021, at 19:52, Cheryl Paul <capaul@sasktel.net> wrote:

Hi Judy,

If you’ve done as the dealer suggested and rubbed the excess oil away, try stitching something on a scrap of fabric that you would throw away anyway, Do a good size embroidery with inexpensive thread and see what happens. If no more oil is dripping, you should be good to go. I’ve never had this happen, but I think it could be something that might, especially if the technician got interrupted while he was working and didn’t perhaps run his cloth over the area when he was finishing. However, if there is still oil dripping after you test it again, take it back and have them look at it.

I know that we sometimes get worried and rightfully so as these are expensive machines. We do need to give things a test first though before we go into panic mode. For example, yesterday I changed the thread on my Continental M7 and it made a horrible noise when I started stitching. I checked and sure enough, I’d missed the take-up lever and she wasn’t a happy machine at all. Now checking the take-up on that machine is a chore as there is NO door that opens, for my eyes that is a “probably just re-thread the machine”. I think the 15000 does a similar thing when the take-up lever is missed or pops out. My previous machines would sew on, not happily, but usually ending up in a bobbin replacement and nesting disaster and a drip to the repair man for a checkup of the bobbin race and a timing adjustment - it wasn’t fun.

Let us know how you make out.

Cheryl - Saskatoon