Serpentine stitch 6600

tnsbss2@...

I have a Janome 6600 memory craft and want to use a elongated serpentine stitch for machine quilting. Does that work with this machine? If it does, how do I get it programed?

favymtz

This is a document that I used to share to help 6600 owners create a good serpentine stitch. I'm also attaching another for creating a nice blanket stitch that has just one stitch in between the 'arms'.
Note that the Serpentine is a variation on one that the Stutsmans had in our old Yahoo group with a few changes. If you want to make the sequence longer, appropriate for quilting, you can adjust the stitch lengths as needed at the steps where the machine is moving forward. It will make sense when you work with the memory sequence!
I don't know who to give credit to for the Blanket Stitch, but I know that it's also my variation.
I hope these help! Sometimes I miss my old 6600! What a great machine it is...
~favymtz

--
Favymtz

Diane

Betty Simpson

I have a 6600 and sadly you cannot elongate the serpentine stitch beyond 5.0 mm.

Diane Bacon

On Sun, Feb 6, 2022, 6:15 PM Betty Simpson <tnsbss2@...> wrote:
I have a Janome 6600 memory craft and want to use a elongated serpentine stitch for machine quilting. Does that work with this machine? If it does, how do I get it programed?

favymtz

Diane, the 6600 doesn't have a serpentine stitch so it needs to be programmed as per the instructions. You are entirely correct that the longest stitch that can be stitched (or programmed) is 5mm. That is because of the limit that a feed dog system on a Janome can move forward.
Favymtz

On Sun, Feb 6, 2022 at 5:27 PM Diane <Sewgran7@...> wrote:
Betty Simpson

I have a 6600 and sadly you cannot elongate the serpentine stitch beyond 5.0 mm.

Diane Bacon

On Sun, Feb 6, 2022, 6:15 PM Betty Simpson <tnsbss2@...> wrote:
I have a Janome 6600 memory craft and want to use a elongated serpentine stitch for machine quilting. Does that work with this machine? If it does, how do I get it programed?

--
Favymtz

Betty Simpson <tnsbss2@...>

Thank you this is very helpful!

On Sun, Feb 6, 2022, 4:39 PM favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:
Diane, the 6600 doesn't have a serpentine stitch so it needs to be programmed as per the instructions. You are entirely correct that the longest stitch that can be stitched (or programmed) is 5mm. That is because of the limit that a feed dog system on a Janome can move forward.
Favymtz

On Sun, Feb 6, 2022 at 5:27 PM Diane <Sewgran7@...> wrote:
Betty Simpson

I have a 6600 and sadly you cannot elongate the serpentine stitch beyond 5.0 mm.

Diane Bacon

On Sun, Feb 6, 2022, 6:15 PM Betty Simpson <tnsbss2@...> wrote:
I have a Janome 6600 memory craft and want to use a elongated serpentine stitch for machine quilting. Does that work with this machine? If it does, how do I get it programed?

--
Favymtz

Maxine Montoya

Favy,
Thank you for this information! And, yes, it is a great machine! Thank you.
🕷Maxine

On Feb 6, 2022, at 5:01 PM, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

This is a document that I used to share to help 6600 owners create a good serpentine stitch. I'm also attaching another for creating a nice blanket stitch that has just one stitch in between the 'arms'.
Note that the Serpentine is a variation on one that the Stutsmans had in our old Yahoo group with a few changes. If you want to make the sequence longer, appropriate for quilting, you can adjust the stitch lengths as needed at the steps where the machine is moving forward. It will make sense when you work with the memory sequence!
I don't know who to give credit to for the Blanket Stitch, but I know that it's also my variation.
I hope these help! Sometimes I miss my old 6600! What a great machine it is...
~favymtz

--
Favymtz

Diane

Thanks so much.  I there was no serpentine stitch on the 6600 and I was referring to the stitch that is closest.  Sorry fir any confusion.

Diane B