Topics

sending design from ipad to janome 15000

Susan Pinter

A design I created in Acudesign will not go to my machine when I try to send it.  I tried with a different older design that I had used before and it did go to my machine.  An error message appears on the machine screen when I try to send the new design but it is on the screen so briefly that I can not read it.  What might I need to do to get this new design to go to the machine?
Thank you so much.

Jim Stutsman

Without knowing what the message says, it's pretty much impossible to say why it's not working. The most common reason for designs not to open on the machine is that it is too large for the specified hoop. AcuDesign should not allow that, so it could be something else. You might try saving the design to Dropbox or iCloud, and then opening it in Horizon Link Suite. That might provide a useful diagnostic. If you have a phone that can record video you might try recording the screen as you send the design. Then you can step through the recording frame by frame and maybe see what the message is saying. I suspect it may not be useful, but you never know. If you have a lot of designs in the machine, maybe the new one requires more storage than is available. It may also have more than 200,000 stitches, though again AcuDesign should not be allowing that.

Susan Pinter

The design is in the correct size hoop and is not over 200,000 stitches, it is about 61,000 stitches.
I did save the design in my drop box but I can not figure out how to get to the drop box files when I am in Horizon Link Suite to open it.
I am going to go and check on designs in my machine but I don't think that I have very many as I prefer to save them in the drop box rather than on the machine.

Susan Pinter

just checked machine only .6 of 4 mb used in storage

Linda Thompson

I go to drop box, find a design, click on the link in the right side of the screen, then my upload page comes up, and I select accu design, and save the file there. I haven’t created more files there, and just work with the ‘imported’ there.  Good luck.

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 5:40 PM Susan Pinter via Groups.Io <momtosixintx=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The design is in the correct size hoop and is not over 200,000 stitches, it is about 61,000 stitches.
I did save the design in my drop box but I can not figure out how to get to the drop box files when I am in Horizon Link Suite to open it.
I am going to go and check on designs in my machine but I don't think that I have very many as I prefer to save them in the drop box rather than on the machine.

Joyce Daniel

Is your design a horizontal one that needs to be made vertical to fit in the hoop? I messed w this issue for a long time w a design before figuring this out. Only after I changed the direction would it load to my machine.
Joyce in AK