Second machine for classes

Helen Moslander

Hi everyone, I am looking at buying a second machine for classes. I have a S9 which I love. I don’t need the second machine to embroider. Just lighter weight but hopefully will use all my feet, etc. as the S9. Does anyone have a recommendation or have experience with any of the lighter weight machines? Thank you! Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Helen

Suzanne Martin

HI Helen,  I recently purchased the S7 so I could have a non embroidery machine yet use my 9mm feet. So far, I'm very happy with it.

Thank you!
Suzanne Martin, Broker
MPI Realty
407-234-6906
suzmar45@...

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Helen Moslander <Hmoslander16@...>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 6:28:35 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Second machine for classes

Hi everyone, I am looking at buying a second machine for classes. I have a S9 which I love. I don’t need the second machine to embroider. Just lighter weight but hopefully will use all my feet, etc. as the S9. Does anyone have a recommendation or have experience with any of the lighter weight machines? Thank you! Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Helen

Ceil J

My dealer recommended the M7050 when I said I wanted a low cost but good machine to take to classes. He said it had a strong motor and would be useful if I wanted to make any of the rope bowls that were (are?) being done in classes.  It has a lot of features that I love including a start/stop button, thread cutter, and easy to use needle threader.  I've been happy with it and use it in the sewing room as well not only to do some simple sewing but for winding bobbins. https://www.sewinginsight.com/janome/janome-m7050-review/

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 9:47 PM Helen Moslander <Hmoslander16@...> wrote:

Helen

Vikki Youngmeyer

I have a 3160 which is a very light weight machine. It doesn’t embroider, but it has most of the features for a class machine that you would need.

Vikki

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of Helen Moslander
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 6:29 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io

Helen

Suzanne Martin

I believe she wants a 9mm foot machine.  I had a little M and gave it away when I bought the S7.

Thank you!
Suzanne Martin, Broker
MPI Realty
407-234-6906
suzmar45@...

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Ceil J <cjancola@...>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 9:46:02 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Second machine for classes

My dealer recommended the M7050 when I said I wanted a low cost but good machine to take to classes. He said it had a strong motor and would be useful if I wanted to make any of the rope bowls that were (are?) being done in classes.  It has a lot of features that I love including a start/stop button, thread cutter, and easy to use needle threader.  I've been happy with it and use it in the sewing room as well not only to do some simple sewing but for winding bobbins. https://www.sewinginsight.com/janome/janome-m7050-review/

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 9:47 PM Helen Moslander <Hmoslander16@...> wrote:

Helen

Maria Morrow

I had the Janome Mod-200, and loves it, but sold it cheaply to a friend in need. She wouldn’t let me give it to her.  I missed that little 12-pounder. My S5 and 15000 are just too heavy to tote .

So now I bought a JW8100. It’s basically the same as the Mod-200.  It is electronic, sews great, 12 pounds, plenty of stitch choices, needle up/down, and I can set it to stop in the down position (my preference).    It came with an extension table and walking foot. They run about $350 online.  My back thanks me.  

If my sewing event is a retreat, I do lug my S5; but for short sewing events, this little one is great!

Maria Morrow
Mobile:  985-640-5024

On Jul 20, 2021, at 7:43 AM, Vikki Youngmeyer <vikkiy@...> wrote:

I have a 3160 which is a very light weight machine. It doesn’t embroider, but it has most of the features for a class machine that you would need.

Vikki

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of Helen Moslander
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 6:29 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io

Helen

Lorrie Gauthier

Hi Helen. My primary machine is the 15000 and I have a 3160 for classes and travel. I just love it. :)

Cheryl Paul

You will get lots of suggestions for a “take to class” machine. However, I’m not sure that Janome makes a machine that doesn’t weigh as much as your S9 or enough to matter for the “take to class” person. I bought the S9 because my 15000 was just to much machine to be taking out for all the classes I wanted to take. I know that the S9 is still quite heavy, but I found it to be really good as it still has a larger embroidery field than my older Janome machine did and I could still manage to take out as it fit into the case I used for my 11000 and could still put a project inside in the space around the machine.

There are many options of lighter weight machines in the 7mm range. There are usually quite a few feet that come with the machine, so sharing accessories isn’t really necessary. You can’t accidentally put the wrong foot on either machine as the foot holder and feet can’t be used except for the 7 or 9mm option. Most optional feet that you might need aren’t that expensive, especially you just purchase what you KNOW that you will use.

Hope you find something that will love as it will serve you well.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Helen Moslander

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will be going to my dealer soon and see what they have to offer. Hope y’all have a wonderful week.

On Jul 20, 2021, at 11:27 AM, Cheryl Paul <capaul@sasktel.net> wrote:

You will get lots of suggestions for a “take to class” machine. However, I’m not sure that Janome makes a machine that doesn’t weigh as much as your S9 or enough to matter for the “take to class” person. I bought the S9 because my 15000 was just to much machine to be taking out for all the classes I wanted to take. I know that the S9 is still quite heavy, but I found it to be really good as it still has a larger embroidery field than my older Janome machine did and I could still manage to take out as it fit into the case I used for my 11000 and could still put a project inside in the space around the machine.

There are many options of lighter weight machines in the 7mm range. There are usually quite a few feet that come with the machine, so sharing accessories isn’t really necessary. You can’t accidentally put the wrong foot on either machine as the foot holder and feet can’t be used except for the 7 or 9mm option. Most optional feet that you might need aren’t that expensive, especially you just purchase what you KNOW that you will use.

Hope you find something that will love as it will serve you well.

Cheryl - Saskatoon