From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Helen Moslander <Hmoslander16@...>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 6:28:35 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Second machine for classes

Hi everyone, I am looking at buying a second machine for classes. I have a S9 which I love. I don’t need the second machine to embroider. Just lighter weight but hopefully will use all my feet, etc. as the S9. Does anyone have a recommendation or have experience with any of the lighter weight machines? Thank you! Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Helen

Ceil J

My dealer recommended the M7050 when I said I wanted a low cost but good machine to take to classes. He said it had a strong motor and would be useful if I wanted to make any of the rope bowls that were (are?) being done in classes.  It has a lot of features that I love including a start/stop button, thread cutter, and easy to use needle threader.  I've been happy with it and use it in the sewing room as well not only to do some simple sewing but for winding bobbins. https://www.sewinginsight.com/janome/janome-m7050-review/

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 9:47 PM Helen Moslander <Hmoslander16@...> wrote:
Hi everyone, I am looking at buying a second machine for classes. I have a S9 which I love. I don’t need the second machine to embroider. Just lighter weight but hopefully will use all my feet, etc. as the S9. Does anyone have a recommendation or have experience with any of the lighter weight machines? Thank you! Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Helen

Vikki Youngmeyer

I have a 3160 which is a very light weight machine. It doesn’t embroider, but it has most of the features for a class machine that you would need.

Vikki

Hi everyone, I am looking at buying a second machine for classes. I have a S9 which I love. I don’t need the second machine to embroider. Just lighter weight but hopefully will use all my feet, etc. as the S9. Does anyone have a recommendation or have experience with any of the lighter weight machines? Thank you! Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Helen

Suzanne Martin

I believe she wants a 9mm foot machine.  I had a little M and gave it away when I bought the S7.

Thank you!
Suzanne Martin, Broker
MPI Realty
407-234-6906
suzmar45@...

[...]

Maria Morrow

I had the Janome Mod-200, and loves it, but sold it cheaply to a friend in need. She wouldn’t let me give it to her.  I missed that little 12-pounder. My S5 and 15000 are just too heavy to tote .

So now I bought a JW8100. It’s basically the same as the Mod-200.  It is electronic, sews great, 12 pounds, plenty of stitch choices, needle up/down, and I can set it to stop in the down position (my preference).    It came with an extension table and walking foot. They run about $350 online.  My back thanks me.

If my sewing event is a retreat, I do lug my S5; but for short sewing events, this little one is great!

Maria Morrow
Mobile:  985-640-5024