Topics

S9 Stitch recall

Mary Mills

Hi Jim, I am sewing out a 1/4" seam and I want to be able to recall this stitch next time I use the machine, I read in the manual I can do it through the 'ordinary sewing mode'  I can't seem to find how to turn this function on in the manual.   Thanks and regards, Mary

Jim Stutsman

If you want to customize the stitch and remember the settings turn on the Favorite Stitch function. It’s item 10 on page 101 in the manual. You could also use the Patchwork application on page 90.

Mary Mills

Hi Jim me being extra dense here!   On page 101 I see the Resume Mode paragraph, I selected in the Quilts page of the machine number 2, !/4" stitch, now how to I get it to go to Resume Mode?  Sorry really need an idiots guide!   thanks and regards, Mary

Jim Stutsman

Resume Mode is enabled by setting the switch in item 12 on page 101. What it does is remember where you were when the machine is turned off, so that you can go right back when you turn it on again. There is no “going to” Resume Mode. If it’s enabled, it asks to resume when you turn the machine on. That’s it. Perhaps you could be a bit more specific about exactly what you want the machine to do, and someone who has an S9 (We don’t) can help.

favymtz

Mary,.
do you mean that you want the machine to also remember the stitch setting that you've changed?
Resume Mode means that when you turn your machine back on the machine will ask you if you want to Resume. That means it picks up where you left off. If you adjusted a stitch it will remember it for that session of "Resume."
Favorite Stith Adjustment is maybe what you want in addition to a Resume Mode?
The instructions are in the Manual around or on page 40 of the online downloaded Manual. The printed manual may be a different page.
You have to first turn on the option for Favorite Stitch Adjustment in the Settings. (Sewing Settings-Page 4)
Then when you pick a stitch you can save it with the adjusted settings that you want, so everytime you use that stitch you don't have to adjust it again.
Once it's saved as a Favorite, you can always select the Default settings as well.
--
Favymtz

Mary Mills

Thank you for your email, just got back to it today and watched a few UTUBEs until I found one that answered my question.  You touch the spinner on the side, then touch the little grey sewing teeth, I thought that function was greyed out, but apparently with Janome it’s not, stroll down till you find the function and apply and that’s it!  The manual is difficult to understand and the grey out area did not help.  Thanks for your help, regards, Mary