rulers

sewnice@...

Hi all,
I purchased some rulers at a quilt fair, and I'm wondering if they can be used with the 14000.  Or are the rulers  proprietary  to Janome?  I have the little foot for the ruler work, I would really like to do a "feather" look, and I don't see that on the Janome rulers.

Thanks
Sharon

Diane

You can use any rulers that are made for ruler quilting and are the appropriate thickness for ruler work.

Diane B

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020, 6:30 PM <sewnice@...> wrote:
Hi all,
I purchased some rulers at a quilt fair, and I'm wondering if they can be used with the 14000.  Or are the rulers  proprietary  to Janome?  I have the little foot for the ruler work, I would really like to do a "feather" look, and I don't see that on the Janome rulers.

Thanks
Sharon

SewingRose

You can use a variety of rulers (or other guide) but the 6mm (1/4") thick type make the job easier as the ruler-foot is that height and won't ride up and over the edge of the ruler.  I was doing ruler quilting on my Janome 9450 a few days ago and some of my rulers are 3-4mm so I keep a closer eye on those and slow down a little.  These thinner rulers are cheaper versions I bought on eBay.

In saying that, I've used the same rulers on my Brother PQ1500 but the ruler foot for this machine can be raised/lowered, so the thinner rulers don't pose the same problem.

Lots of YouTube videos, particularly watch Leonie West (Westalee) quilting rulers as she worked with Janome and I'm sure she does a feather style.

Hope this helps?  ...beware it's addictive!!  ;-))

sewnice@...

thank you