From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Shirley Allen <pallen73@...>
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2018 5:40:08 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Ruler quilting

Jim,  I have been working with the rulers for my machine  (Elna 920) & I have the proper foot & adjusted to allow material to slide freely.  But I am having a problem with the top thread which keeps fraying & sometimes breaks.  Is it my tension, needle or cotton thread I am using?  I have watched several videos on this & they make it look so easy.  I am also using the slider under the material & gloves for quilting. Also when I reach the point of a block I have a stitch from under neath showing.  Thank you for any info. Shirley     PS I am using Westalee rulers & the foot made for my machine

Shirley Allen

I did as Jim suggested to call Westalee & they were very co operative in helping me.  She said to use a bigger needle (size 90) check my tension (which they have a video for that) & make sure my foot is just skimming my quilt & not too loose or too tight.  Also make sure your thread is not old.  I was very pleased with their responce  & she said to call back if I had any more problems.  So now I am going to test all this out & let you know how it works.