Topics

ruler foot

sewnice@...

Hi
 does any one know if a ruler foot bought for the Mc11000se will work for the MC 14000

thanks

valora hammond

They are both high shank machines so it should work.

On Aug 4, 2020, at 2:55 PM, sewnice@... wrote:

Hi
 does any one know if a ruler foot bought for the Mc11000se will work for the MC 14000

thanks

Nyssa Lanzafame

It may ‘fit’.  But the 11000se did not have a ruler foot, so this would be A 3rd party foot.  Sometimes those feet collide with the machine when the foot is lifted if the needle goes down.  I had a different machine and told myself “well i just won’t do that then”. Until 1 day I did by accident. And then the machine never worked the same and the cost of the service call to TRY to fix it was more than the cost of the ruler foot that Janome makes for the 14000.   The 14000 is such a nice machine I would save for the right foot, but that was a painful sad experience for me.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 4:55 PM <sewnice@...> wrote:
Hi
 does any one know if a ruler foot bought for the Mc11000se will work for the MC 14000

thanks

sewnice@...

thank you

favymtz

If you decide to try Ruler Work on your 11000 machine make sure to buy the Janome Ruler foot. It's a screw on foot designed for the high shank. I don't have an 11000 to try it out on but I would doubt you'd have any troubles using it, but check with a Janome dealer to make sure. You could even take the machine to a Janome shop and try the foot out, because it's very doubtful that they would have an 11000 on site.
--
Favymtz

Pixey

Actually for the older 7mm machines, the ruler foot is done as an add on toe to the convertible free motion quilting set (part number 202002004). The toe set is called the Free Motion Frame Quilting Feet Set (part # 767434005).

I learned about this from the Janome rep when I attended a Janome/Sew Steady (Westalee) event at my dealer in January.  I was interested in getting a ruler foot for my 6600P because it has the larger flat surface area because it is set into its own table.

Pixey

On Aug 9, 2020, at 8:51 AM, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

If you decide to try Ruler Work on your 11000 machine make sure to buy the Janome Ruler foot. It's a screw on foot designed for the high shank. I don't have an 11000 to try it out on but I would doubt you'd have any troubles using it, but check with a Janome dealer to make sure. You could even take the machine to a Janome shop and try the foot out, because it's very doubtful that they would have an 11000 on site.
--
Favymtz

SewingRose

Can't help specifically with your machine models but I have a Janome Ruler Work Foot for my 9450, however the needle drop position doesn't line up with the Brother PQ1500SL.  Both machines are high shank and I wanted to be able to use the rulers on both machines so I bought a generic ruler foot on eBay, the seller stated it was compatible and he/she was correct.  I've since done ruler quilting on both machines, but suggest if you get hold of a ruler foot, attach it to both of your machines and turn the handwheel slowly to check needle drop position.

For my machines I know that Janome and Brother are both high shank, but some feet aren't compatible due to needle drop position...snap-on feet are ok as the adapter is Brother compatible, it's just the screw-on feet.  The generic ruler work feet are much lower cost and clear plastic, they are also height adjustable at the screw due to a slotted area in the foot.  I've got in the habit of doing a slow rotation with the handwheel everytime I change feet...saves breaking a needle andalso putting a hole in the foot!

Hope this helps?  ;-)

favymtz

Re: I know that Janome and Brother are both high shank, but some feet aren't compatible due to needle drop position...snap-on feet are ok as the adapter is Brother compatible, it's just the screw-on feet."
I had a Babylock (Same as Brother machine) and the feet were never compatible with my Janome machines due to the needle drop position.
It didn't matter if it was a snap on foot or a screw on foot, the feet didn't work at all, the needle would hit the foot.

--
Favymtz

SewingRose

Well, if you are sure then the only thing I can think of is the adapter is different, although it is the one that came with the machine. I use Janome feet on a regular basis on the PQ1500SL (in fact used one just yesterday).  Love this S/S machine as so many feet are compatible, both from modern and vintage domestic machines and industrials, at last count I have 60+ feet plus the buttonhole attachment and still searching for a high/low shank adapter so I can use the vintage zigzag attachment.  ;-)

favymtz

What I was explaining is that in my experience with the 2 brands of machines, the Brother/Babylock feet don't work on a Janome due to the needle drop position.
The needle will hit the foot.
The Janome feet will work on a Brother/Babylock, but the needle drop position might still be an issue, depending on the foot.
For example a Janome M foot for overedge stitching wouldn't work on a Brother because the needle might hit the pins on the foot. The spacing is different between the 2 brands.
Some may work, some not, so be careful!
It's not only about the adapter and ankle!

--
Favymtz

Kim Normandin

Always good information from you Favymtz!

Kim