Topics

Rule quilting

Katherine Klein

Sometimes putting the thread spool on a stand eliminates these problems

On Apr 13, 2018, at 11:17 AM, Pam Davison <pamyjo2001@...> wrote:

I have Westalee rulers and was able to use them with no problem on my 8900.  I chose to buy the Janome ruler foot for my machine.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Shirley Allen <pallen73@...>
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2018 5:40:08 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Ruler quilting

Jim,  I have been working with the rulers for my machine  (Elna 920) & I have the proper foot & adjusted to allow material to slide freely.  But I am having a problem with the top thread which keeps fraying & sometimes breaks.  Is it my tension, needle or cotton thread I am using?  I have watched several videos on this & they make it look so easy.  I am also using the slider under the material & gloves for quilting. Also when I reach the point of a block I have a stitch from under neath showing.  Thank you for any info. Shirley     PS I am using Westalee rulers & the foot made for my machine