Rotary Even Foot

Julie

Question about this “kit” – don’t guess it’s going to work with the 12000 machine either, is it?  I’ve never had it open or used it.

Julie

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Actually it vey well might. It's a snap-on foot so you would need a 7mm foot holder, as we've posted here before. I'll have Diane try it today and report back. That's actually a very useful foot, as we discovered when making FootBook. In the demo video she used it to put a rolled hem in Minkee, something that would be impossible with the regular rolled hem foot.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Julie" <jjems@...> wrote:

Question about this "kit" - don't guess it's going to work with the 12000
machine either, is it? I've never had it open or used it.

Julie

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Update -
Diane has tested the foot, with these observations:

* It does not line up perfectly with the feed dogs.
* The needle must be moved left to center between the red marks on the foot.
* It works just fine! She just showed me a scrap of Minkee with a rolled hem, as well as a nice seam. Due to not quite lining up with the feed dogs, it may pull require care to keep it straight on long seams, but otherwise it works great.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Julie" <jjems@...> wrote:

Question about this "kit" - don't guess it's going to work with the 12000
machine either, is it? I've never had it open or used it.

Julie

Julie

Jim, thanks so much for the reply.  Not sure I will keep it.

Julie