Topics

reviews of the M7

janeo51

Hello, first time posting! I am in the market for a new machine and am impressed with the media info on the M7, I am hoping some owners can tell me their experiences and if they feel this machine is all it claims to be and more! I am mostly a quilter but also do sew garments, some home dec and craft sewing. I love the larger space but am also interested in great tension and ease of use is important as well! Does this machine have a low bobbin sensor, I just am hoping for experiences and feelings about how happy you are with your machines, if you wish you had picked a different machine or any helpful info as a new buyer to Janome! I have been sewing on a Bernina 440 for the last 10 years and have loved it but would like to upgrade, I have looked at the 7 series but am feeling like Janome has so much to offer at much better prices! thank you so much for your time!

Deb K.

Hello,
Nice to see new “faces” welcome, this is a great place for things Janome. I am a long time Janome user and a new M7 owner. I really like the new machine and as a quilter it’s a great fit. I also own a Janome 15000 a combo sewing, embroidery machine. I’d been using the 15000 mostly for quilting and occasionally embroidery. When I sat down at the M7 I really felt it was different and I loved the way it sounded and felt. I have never owned a Bernina but I have friends that wouldn’t switch so that’s all up to you. The harp space is WONDERFUL. The M7 does have a low bobbin sensor, a top thread breakage sensor as well; both can be turned off. The machine has everything that a quilter or garment sewist could want AND MORE. I give it very high marks.

Pam Davison

I have the M7 I've had it now for about six or seven months it's a pretty good machine that has more penetration power than the 15000 but don't believe the hype about all the layers that it Goes Pro

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Deb K. <dekay929@...>
Sent: Monday, June 8, 2020 5:17:20 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] reviews of the M7

Hello,
Nice to see new “faces” welcome, this is a great place for things Janome. I am a long time Janome user and a new M7 owner. I really like the new machine and as a quilter it’s a great fit. I also own a Janome 15000 a combo sewing, embroidery machine. I’d been using the 15000 mostly for quilting and occasionally embroidery. When I sat down at the M7 I really felt it was different and I loved the way it sounded and felt. I have never owned a Bernina but I have friends that wouldn’t switch so that’s all up to you. The harp space is WONDERFUL. The M7 does have a low bobbin sensor, a top thread breakage sensor as well; both can be turned off. The machine has everything that a quilter or garment sewist could want AND MORE. I give it very high marks.

Pam Davison

Accidentally pressed sent before I was finished what I was saying is don't believe the hype about all the layers that it goes through I do think it's a a good machine but it's started choking at about the 6th layer of rolled up denim I asked Janome what their settings were for going through all those layers they never responded but they did respond to other post that I had put on Instagram so I know they didn't miss it they just never responded

Sent: Monday, June 8, 2020 7:46:09 PM

I have the M7 I've had it now for about six or seven months it's a pretty good machine that has more penetration power than the 15000 but don't believe the hype about all the layers that it Goes Pro

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Deb K. <dekay929@...>
Sent: Monday, June 8, 2020 5:17:20 PM

Hello,

Cheryl Paul

Welcome to the group.

I purchased the Continental M7 Before Christmas best purchase I’ve made in a long long time. I’ve been with Janome machines for over 35 years and loved each and every one of the 10 or so I’ve owned in that time. This one is the best if the best. I got to try it when taking a Bra Class in November. Bra fabric can be tricky sewing, especially all the short seams and stretching elastic on to the fabric. I’ve never had issues with any of my Janome’s and bra sewing but this machine was comfortable from the very first seam. I had my mind made up within the first hour of sewing in that class that the M7 was for me. I sealed the deal right after the second class a week later and picked it up the next day.

Since Covid 19 hit I’ve been spending more time sewing - quilting specifically. I decided to really give the new HP system on this machine a test.
I’ve always been “about ¼ in” seam sewer but the new HP foot makes me more right on with those ¼” seam allowances. It also sewed up a sweater knit beautifully, sweatshirt fleece and a t-shirt as well. What I haven’t done yet is a dress but I will soon and I know I’ll be equally happy with results with that too.

I think you should go and try this machine for yourself. It will be different than your Bernina but I think you’ll like it and find it easy to use.

Cheryl

jan shaw

I too sat down at the M7 and was amazed at the machine. For me, it has become "THE" sewing machine. I have had many Pfaff's, own the Janome  MC15000, and a Singer Featherweight. I am a beginning quilter and can not say enough about the M7 with the HP2 foot. I now enjoy piecing and that is something I never thought I would say. 
As for running thick fabrics through it, is this a necessity on your part? I have sewn Denim jean hems with it without a problem. I'm about to try bag making
jan