Topics

Resizing & Stitch Density

Pru Joy

I need clarification as to just what this message (& various forms of) means - โ€œTo preserve design integrity when rescaling or rotating designs in your software, use the handles on the screenโ€ ... ?

Does this mean the screen on our actual embroidery machine OR does it mean on any screen such as our AcuEdit or AcuDesign? ย I have always thought that AcuDesign was the only way to preserve equivalent stitch density.

      • God is Love๐ŸŒˆย

--
๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ž๐ŸŒผโค๏ธ

onlinesewing@...

Since you didn't say where this quote was pulled from, I have no context in which to address it. The machine DOES NOT change the stitch count when resizing, so making a design smaller will increase the density, while making it larger reduces density. AcuDesign DOES adjust the stitch count when resizing. AcuEdit works just like the machine and DOES NOT adjust the stitch count, so the density will change when resizing.

Pru Joy

Thanks for that clarifying that. The website is OESD which is affiliated with Janome hence why I was confused by the message which appears in all their instructions/info about a design.

--
๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ž๐ŸŒผโค๏ธ