Topics

Resizing & Stitch Density

Pru Joy

I need clarification as to just what this message (& various forms of) means - “To preserve design integrity when rescaling or rotating designs in your software, use the handles on the screen” ... ?

Does this mean the screen on our actual embroidery machine OR does it mean on any screen such as our AcuEdit or AcuDesign?  I have always thought that AcuDesign was the only way to preserve equivalent stitch density.

      • God is Love🌈

--
🌈🍒💞🌼❤️

onlinesewing@...

Since you didn't say where this quote was pulled from, I have no context in which to address it. The machine DOES NOT change the stitch count when resizing, so making a design smaller will increase the density, while making it larger reduces density. AcuDesign DOES adjust the stitch count when resizing. AcuEdit works just like the machine and DOES NOT adjust the stitch count, so the density will change when resizing.

Pru Joy

Thanks for that clarifying that. The website is OESD which is affiliated with Janome hence why I was confused by the message which appears in all their instructions/info about a design.

--
🌈🍒💞🌼❤️

Barbara Castle

I’m new here and reading for similar problems to mine and saw your question. “Handles” usually refers to the squares (or dots) at the corners of a selection on the screen. When you enlarge or decrease the size of an item, you use the corners and not other edge points. When you use those, it distorts the graphic. Is this what you were seeing? I hope this helps.

Barbara C

Like this

Pru Joy

Thanks so much for that explanation of “handles” Barbara, now I understand! Makes perfect sense - I have learnt by experience that it is best to use the corners to resize without distortion but never knew they were called “handles” 👏🏻💡😊

--
🌈🍒💞🌼❤️