Topics

Resize embroidery design

Carole O'Mara

I have the 15000.  I downloaded a purchased single run design that will be used to quilt a quilt.  The design is too large for the ASQ22 hoop, which is the one I was to use and I want to resize the design to fit the ASQ 22 (not GR which it defaults to).  I used HL to bring the design to the computer screen.  I selected EDIT,  but the resize option is grayed out.  How do I get that option active?  Thank for any help.
Carole - Colorado

Marsha

HL only will increase/decrease the design by 20% if that. To make the design fit the ASQ22 hoop you would need a program that could do so. MBX or Embird or another type of software. I believe that Wilcom has a free program as a download, https://www.wilcom.com/products/truesizerproducts.aspx
Marsha Ryan

Carole O'Mara

I only want to decrease this design by 20% maximum so it will fit the ASQ22 hoop, so I can use the magnets to hold the quilt sandwich together.
Carole - CO

Lyn Quine

Resizing can cause distortion, 20% smaller, unless the software used compensates by reducing stitches rather than making stitches smaller you could end up with a tight hard block.  If you can it’s probably better to use the GR hoop, or go back to the website and see if the design is there for a smaller hoop.  If you use the GR hoop, you could try floating it on the hoop and using the magnets on there,  I have done that, it’s better hooped and tightened a little then using the magnets, but floating can work but would depend on the thickness of the quilt sandwich.  You could try the big magnets,  or even Dianes idea of the fishing magnets rather than the magnet clips.  My last resort would be to reduce because of the risk of distortion.

Cheryl Paul

Carole,

If the design is shaped to fit the GR hoop, you may not be able to resize it to fit the SQ22 as one is rectangular and the other square. The next thing is that you can only resize designs by up to 20% either way. ie: 100% to 80% or 120%. Some designs can only be resized by 10%. This is for Horizon Like Suite or on the edit screen of the sewing machine. Also if the purchased design is not in portrait position it won’t rotate either. If you have digitizing software, you should be able to get it to the size you need.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Tracy

When you bring your design up on your machine's screen - put it into the hoop that it wants you to use, even tho it's not the one you will end up using.  That way the design will show up and you can edit it in that hoop.  Re-size it there and then change your hoop to the one you want when it will fit inside it.  Be sure to save the re-sized design with a new name so you can keep the original file as well.
Tracy in Nashville, TN
Martha Pullen Licensed Educator

vicki J. Wardwell <vjw_65@...>

I would contact Dusan at Embird he could tell you the scope of resizing a photo of the design would help him is a shot in the dark without seeing the design.
Vicki
Embird plus Embird Studio to resize
a hefty price to resize one design
better to ask the original design creator.

On April 28, 2020 at 10:55 AM Marsha <luv2sew@...> wrote:

HL only will increase/decrease the design by 20% if that. To make the design fit the ASQ22 hoop you would need a program that could do so. MBX or Embird or another type of software. I believe that Wilcom has a free program as a download,  https://www.wilcom.com/products/truesizerproducts.aspx
Marsha Ryan
_._,_._,_

Carole O'Mara

  It worked perfectly the way you described.  The design defaulted to the hoop the design would accommodate.  I then resized the design and edited the hoop.  Thank you.
Carole - CO