Removing Digi Pro

roosterlady5

Hello Jim,
First let me say a big "THANK-YOU", to you and Diane for starting this group.
Very much appreciated.
Now my question.
I installed the upgrade for Digitizer MBX.
However,the book says to remove the Digi Pro program, after the install, using the control panel add/remove programs.
When I attempted this,the software will not remove,and I get an error window pop up with the following message.
(Error Code: -5005 : 0x8000ffff
Error Information:
Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (95)
Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (95)
SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1479)
PAPP:DigitizerPro
PVENDOR:Janome (http://www.janome.com)
PGUID:BE2C4D09-959D-4A62-BDBA-CE64829661A2
$11.0.0.28844
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) BT_OTHER 65.31889

I tried running the MBX disk again trying the repair, no difference. I then tried the uninstall and reinstall of Digi MBX, but no difference there either.
So far I have not found any problems running MBX program, but then I have not tried out all the features of the new software.

Would you know if this affects the use of the Digi MBX operations at some level? If not, then I will ignore it and move on.
But,if so, would you have a resolve for me? I am running XP and IE8.
Thanks again,
Marlene D.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

The time to uninstall old Digitizer versions is before you install the upgrade. Otherwise the uninstaller files may get overwritten and you can't remove it later. You can remove the old files as follows:

1. Open "My Computer" and then drive C.

2. Find the "Program Files" folder and open it, then the "Janome" folder.

3. If you see a "Digitizer Pro" folder, delete it. DO NOT touch the "Digitizer MBX" folder!

That's it. If everything is working you actually don't have to do anything. It won't hurt to have the old version there, because it will never be used. It just takes up space.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "roosterlady5" <roosterlady5@...> wrote:

Hello Jim,
First let me say a big "THANK-YOU", to you and Diane for starting this group.
Very much appreciated.
Now my question.
I installed the upgrade for Digitizer MBX.
However,the book says to remove the Digi Pro program, after the install, using the control panel add/remove programs.
When I attempted this,the software will not remove,and I get an error window pop up with the following message.
(Error Code: -5005 : 0x8000ffff
Error Information:
Kernel&#92;KernelMedia.cpp (95)
Kernel&#92;KernelMedia.cpp (95)