Recommendation for used sewing & embroidery machine


Sharron Brittingham
 

I currently have a MC 12000 (that I bought used at my Janome dealer in 2014). 
I may be in the market for another sewing/embroidery machine since my hubby has brought it up :)

If I can buy another used machine that would be the best scenario for me.  
I have not been able to locate a "compare models" website for Janome machines
Before I talk to my dealer, I'd like recommendations on an used model that might work for me.  
Thanks!


Lyn Quine
 


The next one up comparable to your 12000 is a 15000.  12 and 15 were both top of the range.  The 15 was hot on the heels of the 12 which in my opinion was a rush to market to tide them over for a couple years until the 15 was ready.  Great machine.  



On 10 Aug 2022, at 20:06, Sharron Brittingham <brittisl@...> wrote:

I currently have a MC 12000 (that I bought used at my Janome dealer in 2014). 
I may be in the market for another sewing/embroidery machine since my hubby has brought it up :)

If I can buy another used machine that would be the best scenario for me.  
I have not been able to locate a "compare models" website for Janome machines
Before I talk to my dealer, I'd like recommendations on an used model that might work for me.  
Thanks!


Mary E
 

I bought a MC 14000 a year and a half ago, I gave my 15000 purchased in 2016 to my daughter to use. I like the 14000, it seems fine without the wireless capability. 
Mary E

On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 3:12 PM Lyn Quine <lynquine@...> wrote:

The next one up comparable to your 12000 is a 15000.  12 and 15 were both top of the range.  The 15 was hot on the heels of the 12 which in my opinion was a rush to market to tide them over for a couple years until the 15 was ready.  Great machine.  



On 10 Aug 2022, at 20:06, Sharron Brittingham <brittisl@...> wrote:

I currently have a MC 12000 (that I bought used at my Janome dealer in 2014). 
I may be in the market for another sewing/embroidery machine since my hubby has brought it up :)

If I can buy another used machine that would be the best scenario for me.  
I have not been able to locate a "compare models" website for Janome machines
Before I talk to my dealer, I'd like recommendations on an used model that might work for me.  
Thanks!


Wendy Warner
 


I have a Janome 15000 Memory Quilt Horizon machine I would like to sell but I don't want to ship it. So it would depend on how close to me someone would be. It is an excellent machine with all the feet, and bells and whistles.  I live in Texas so if you are interested, please contact me. tiggy000@...
On Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 01:00:09 PM PDT, Mary E <maryputt2@...> wrote:


I bought a MC 14000 a year and a half ago, I gave my 15000 purchased in 2016 to my daughter to use. I like the 14000, it seems fine without the wireless capability. 
Mary E

On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 3:12 PM Lyn Quine <lynquine@...> wrote:

The next one up comparable to your 12000 is a 15000.  12 and 15 were both top of the range.  The 15 was hot on the heels of the 12 which in my opinion was a rush to market to tide them over for a couple years until the 15 was ready.  Great machine.  



On 10 Aug 2022, at 20:06, Sharron Brittingham <brittisl@...> wrote:

I currently have a MC 12000 (that I bought used at my Janome dealer in 2014). 
I may be in the market for another sewing/embroidery machine since my hubby has brought it up :)

If I can buy another used machine that would be the best scenario for me.  
I have not been able to locate a "compare models" website for Janome machines
Before I talk to my dealer, I'd like recommendations on an used model that might work for me.  
Thanks!


Lucy Akers
 

I'd be interested in knowing the going price for a 12000 - in case I get overwhelmed at a demo for the new machine and think I would like to trade. (I also have a 15000 which then I would use to travel for class instead of the 12000)


Maria Boone
 

I also have a used 15000 for sale, which I don't want to ship. I'm in BC, Canada, Vernon area. Machine has been serviced regularly, and comes with many extras.


Elizabeth Mccall
 

HELLO THERE, I HAVE A JANOME WITH ALL THE PARTS & AND ACCESSORIES AND WANT TO SELL IT. I LIVE IN THE ASHEVILLE ,NC AREA & WOULD GIVE YOU AN AMAZING PRICE !!


On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 11:10 AM Maria Boone <maria@...> wrote:
I also have a used 15000 for sale, which I don't want to ship. I'm in BC, Canada, Vernon area. Machine has been serviced regularly, and comes with many extras.


Elizabeth Mccall
 

I HAVE THE JANOME 1500 LISTED FOR SALE IN THE  ABOVE  MESSAGE & FORGOT TO SAY THIS IS A 15000 , AN AMAZING MACHINE THAT HAS LOW USE AND COMES WITH A TOTO ROLLER CARRY CASE FOR EASY TRASPORT
mountainlady989@....   ASHEVILLE, NC AREA

On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 11:27 AM Elizabeth Mccall <mountainlady989@...> wrote:
HELLO THERE, I HAVE A JANOME WITH ALL THE PARTS & AND ACCESSORIES AND WANT TO SELL IT. I LIVE IN THE ASHEVILLE ,NC AREA & WOULD GIVE YOU AN AMAZING PRICE !!


On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 11:10 AM Maria Boone <maria@...> wrote:
I also have a used 15000 for sale, which I don't want to ship. I'm in BC, Canada, Vernon area. Machine has been serviced regularly, and comes with many extras.


Cheryl Paul
 

Have you folks tried to trade your machines? I was going to do that and then mentioned it to a friend who already has 2 12000’s and she wanted it, so I sold my 15000 to her. I should be getting my AMAZING Continental M17 as soon as my dealer is trained on August 16th - Janome Canada will ship mine. That has me a bit ticked off, as I have seen the machine, see that it isn’t overwhelming (at least to me) and is very intuitive as I’ve always found my Janome machines to be. It threads a wee bit different and has some nice extra “bells and whistles” but it is very manageable. Yes the hoops attach differently, but again not difficult to learn … but I guess the RULES are the RULES. If they are broken for me, I guess they’d have to do this all the time.

Cheryl - Saskatoon


Janet Gronski
 

May I ask how much you got for your 15000? Thinking about buying another machine. Dealer said he'd give me less than half of what I paid for it. So disappointing. 


On Fri, Aug 12, 2022, 8:39 AM Cheryl Paul <capaul@...> wrote:
Have you folks tried to trade your machines?  I was going to do that and then mentioned it to a friend who already has 2 12000’s and she wanted it, so I sold my 15000 to her.  I should be getting my AMAZING Continental M17 as soon as my dealer is trained on August 16th - Janome Canada will ship mine.  That has me a bit ticked off, as I have seen the machine, see that it isn’t overwhelming (at least to me) and is very intuitive as I’ve always found my Janome machines to be.  It threads a wee bit different and has some nice extra “bells and whistles” but it is very manageable.  Yes the hoops attach differently, but again not difficult to learn … but I guess the RULES are the RULES.  If they are broken for me, I guess they’d have to do this all the time.

Cheryl - Saskatoon





Cheryl Paul
 

Your dealer has to be able to sell a machine for more than they pay for it and I’d be reluctant to pay more that 1/2 price for a used machine. After all we want our dealers to stay in business as we need them for more than just the purchase of our machine, we want accessories, and service among other things.

Cheryl - Saskatoon