Topics

RE 18 Hoop

Deborah Gore

I just got the new RE 18 hoop and it is wonderful. They included a USB stick that is 7 gigs with a few designs on it. I moved the designs so I can use this stick for other designs. There are updated at janome official site for digitizer, horizon link suite and the machine so the new hoop is recognized. I did all up dates went smoothly. I love this machine. Feel bad that this hoop and updates are not available for the 12000 customers yet? I wish janome would do a little better with customer service and support for all.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

JUDY

So is the Re: 18 hope a 5 x 7??

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 22, 2014, at 5:01 PM, "Deborah Gore gore.deborah@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...> wrote:

I just got the new RE 18 hoop and it is wonderful. They included a USB stick that is 7 gigs with a few designs on it. I moved the designs so I can use this stick for other designs. There are updated at janome official site for digitizer, horizon link suite and the machine so the new hoop is recognized. I did all up dates went smoothly. I love this machine. Feel bad that this hoop and updates are not available for the 12000 customers yet? I wish janome would do a little better with customer service and support for all.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

ccaseber

?expensive?

Sent from my iPad
Carol Caseber

On Jul 22, 2014, at 5:27 PM, "Judy Ponikvar ponikvar60@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...> wrote:

So is the Re: 18 hope a 5 x 7??

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 22, 2014, at 5:01 PM, "Deborah Gore gore.deborah@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...> wrote:

I just got the new RE 18 hoop and it is wonderful. They included a USB stick that is 7 gigs with a few designs on it. I moved the designs so I can use this stick for other designs. There are updated at janome official site for digitizer, horizon link suite and the machine so the new hoop is recognized. I did all up dates went smoothly. I love this machine. Feel bad that this hoop and updates are not available for the 12000 customers yet? I wish janome would do a little better with customer service and support for all.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Received this email from my dealer:
Just got them in this week.  They are $139.00 for the kit.

---In janome12000@..., <ccaseber@...> wrote :

[...]

Just spoke with my dealer and he has 3 Re 18 hoop kits left...
He's:  Dave from Bittersweet Fabric Shop (603) 753-4920.
The cost is $139 plus shipping.  He is a great guy and a fantastic Janome dealer!
Ceil

[...]

Also found this on Amazon which gives a picture and sizes and shows what is included!
http://www.amazon.com/Janome-Essential-Hoop-Kit-MC15000/dp/B00LXGNNPO

[...]

Patricia Ward

Are you kidding me?  A Janome dealer selling parts and accessories on Amazon?  WOW.    Unless Janome has changed their policy toward dealers, I would say this is risky business....

Pat

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM, ceilsews <no_reply@...> wrote:

[...]

juliadlf.ny@...

Thank you ceilsews for posting the information both about your dealer and also Amazon. It is good to know what the price point is for these new hoops. Now to sit and wait for Janome to do an update for the 12000 before I buy.

Julia
NY-MC12000

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Deborah,
Yes, this just lets us 15000 owners know what to expect when a newer machine comes out

JUDY

What size is the hoop??????

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 23, 2014, at 11:47 AM, "juliadlf.ny@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...> wrote:

Thank you ceilsews for posting the information both about your dealer and also Amazon. It is good to know what the price point is for these new hoops. Now to sit and wait for Janome to do an update for the 12000 before I buy.

Julia
NY-MC12000

Patricia Ward

Julia, I too have the 12000. Don't buy this one that is out because the update CD is more than likely for the 15K and we will need to wait until they do it for the 12000 before we can buy the package.   My guess is that these are two different software updates.

I assume that is correct.... Jim??

As our guru said,  he thinks we will get it in time for the red suit delivery...  lol

Pat

Lacking the red suit, but still a fat man, Jim says:
Actually since the 12000 and 15000 use the same hoops, you could probably use the package on a 12000 too. Until the machine update comes out you would have to make sure your designs would fit a 5 x 7, while the machine was expecting a larger hoop. Since all stitching starts in the center, that would not be a problem. Any designs would also work on the 12000, again because of the hoops being the same size. The CD probably has an update to HorizonLink Suite, which would not work with HorizonLink. However you could actually use HorizonLink Suite with a 12000 if you only use the USB drive for design transfer. It might even work with the USB cable - I don't have a 12000 to test.

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Julia, It is 5.5 by 7 inches.
 from the SewVacDirect website:   (I am not advocating purchasing this online!!)

The Janome RE 18 Essential Hoop Kit For MC15000 includes:

  • Essential Hoop RE18 including template and magnetic clamps
  • Free USB with 50 bonus embroidery designs

Hoop Size: 140 x 180mm (5.5” x 7”)

Ceil

juliadlf.ny@...

I didn't think the software Update for the 12K would be a CD but rather a download via Janome as an Update.  Hope they do it via the site.

I think where the confusion is perhaps is the size of the hoop versus the actual allowable stitching area. Designs I've purchased in the past were for a 5 x 7 hoop but the actual stitching area is less as the foot needs that extra space so it doesn't hit the hoop frame.  One of the things I have to get use to with the Janome is that the hoops are bigger then the stated sizes which represents the allowable stitching areas. Hope that makes sense.

Someone did post when they got their RE18 hoop the size and the hoop is bigger than 5 x7. I am sure someone who has the hoop can verify that. Therefore I am assuming that 5 x 7 is the allowable stitching area.

It would be nice to have the hoop and update now for the 12K as this is the season for doing Christmas projects and it would come in handy.

Julia
NY-MC12000

Patricia Ward

I guess we will just have to wait and see how they do the update. It has been done both ways in the past.   It will be nice to have that hoop, however.

Yes, I understood what you meant by the hoop size and stitching area. I have always been pleased with the Janome hoops and the size designs you can find workable in them. Couldn't tell you about many of the others as I have had Janome since the 9000 and a Bernina 200/730. I have found their hoops to be accurate for size as well.

Pat

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 23, 2014, at 3:29 PM, "juliadlf.ny@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...> wrote:

[...]

Colleen

I got on that Amazon suite and in clear print it tells me that this item does not ship to Hawera New Zealand.  I am from there and was very curious about this hoop. Looks like I will have to go to dealer in wanganui NZ. CB

Sent from my iPad

---In janome12000@..., wrote :

[...]

Kaye Lessard

Janome could care less how the dealers sell- the large buyers (dealers) who sell & promote other brands (talking bad about janome machines in their store with a janome educator there ) get to order 1st since they buy more than small dealers who really care about their customers!!!!
My dealer was told it was coming out but every time she has tried to order since meeting it is on back order !!!!
So we wait!!!
Kaye in la

Sent from my iPad

Susan

I just purchased my RE 18 hoop tonight - it was $149.99 at my dealer.  I haven't used it yet, but the embroidery area does appear larger than the 5x7 hoop for my 10001.   Susan

---In janome12000@..., wrote :

[...]

Susan Claughton <sue.claughton@...>

Yes, I emailed my dealer and he told me not till October.......

Sue
Dundas, Ontario, Canada

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 7:42 PM, Kaye Lessard ekay50@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Janome could care less how the dealers sell- the large buyers (dealers) who sell & promote other brands (talking bad about janome machines in their store with a janome educator there ) get to order 1st since they buy more than small dealers who really care about their customers!!!!
My dealer was told it was coming out but every time she has tried to order since meeting it is on back order !!!!
So we wait!!!
Kaye in la

Sent from my iPad

annabell131@gmail.com <annabell131@...>

I purchased my RE 18 Hoop and it was $179 AU - had my machine updated and now have to update my horizon link - its all good

Havent used it yet but the designs on the USB looks interesting

Cheers
Anna

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Kay,
You can order from my dealer, $139 plus shipping (probably less than $10).  Bittersweet Fabrics (603-753-4920).