Quilting on my 500e

Roberta K

I tried to ask this question already so forgive me if I am being redundant. I have read of people using the blue dot bobbin holder for quilting on the embroidery machine. I would like to know if anyone here has used the blue do bobbin to edge to edge quilt on the 500e?

I can’t imagine using the red one because I want the same thread on the top and bottom and I can’t imagine using the yellow one because I think the tension would be too tight. I am hoping I get a sensible answer before I mess up either my machine or my project. Thanks in advance!

Roberta in FL

Jim Stutsman

Diane uses the blue dot case when edge to edge quilting on the 15000, and it should be fine on the 500E as well. You certainly won’t damage the machine using it.

Dottie Newkirk

I may be wrong, Roberta, but, I think the blue dot is for free motion quilting on the "sewing" side of the sewing/embroidery machines.  For embroidery either the red dot or yellow dot.  Hope this helps and is the correct information  Dottie in Texas

On Sun, Jun 26, 2022 at 5:46 PM Roberta K via groups.io <robkon94=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I tried to ask this question already so forgive me if I am being redundant. I have read of people using the blue dot bobbin holder for quilting on the embroidery machine. I would like to know if anyone here has used the blue do bobbin to edge to edge quilt on the 500e?

I can’t imagine using the red one because I want the same thread on the top and bottom and I can’t imagine using the yellow one because I think the tension would be too tight. I am hoping I get a sensible answer before I mess up either my machine or my project. Thanks in advance!

Roberta in FL

Dottie Newkirk

OOPS - should have waited for Jim to reply!  Dottie in Texas

On Sun, Jun 26, 2022 at 5:48 PM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Diane uses the blue dot case when edge to edge quilting on the 15000, and it should be fine on the 500E as well. You certainly won’t damage the machine using it.

Jim Stutsman

There’s nothing wrong in what you said. The blue dot case was released specifically for free motion quilting. But when you are doing the quilting by embroidery, you actually are doing free motion quilting with the machine providing the free motion.

favymtz

I use the red case when I have done edge to edge quilting. But my suggestion is to do samples with both red and blue cases with your design and your chosen thread to determine what works best for you. There are always many variables.
Favymtz

--
Favymtz