From: janome12000@yahoogroups.com [mailto:janome12000@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of mrsmole_uk
Sent: December-01-11 9:38 AM
To: janome12000@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [janome12000] Quilt binding video from Janome Canada

Just saw this and thought it looked pretty simple but the next up-coming
video should show what happens at the dreaded corners....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lRJq-L00j0&;feature=digest_thu

Jo Ann
http://fitforaqueen.wordpress.com/

LAWRENCE

I found the corner video to be very helpful. I love this binder and am wondering if the one I used on the horizon will fit the 12,000? Is it just a matter of using a different shank?
Thanks, Kim

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Krause" <nckrause@...> wrote:

Hi, Jo Ann. Thought you might enjoy seeing what a Canadian Janome educator
has to say about the quilt binder. Here's a link to her blog,
http://janomelife.wordpress.com/, and check out the November 29, 2011 entry
by lizafrica.

Chris

Just saw this and thought it looked pretty simple but the next up-coming
video should show what happens at the dreaded corners....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lRJq-L00j0&;feature=digest_thu

Jo Ann
http://fitforaqueen.wordpress.com/

LAWRENCE

I should have said the horizon 7700 in the previous msg., since both machines are horizons.
Kim

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "LAWRENCE" <litto@...> wrote:

I found the corner video to be very helpful. I love this binder and am wondering if the one I used on the horizon will fit the 12,000? Is it just a matter of using a different shank?
Thanks, Kim

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Krause" <nckrause@> wrote:

Hi, Jo Ann. Thought you might enjoy seeing what a Canadian Janome educator
has to say about the quilt binder. Here's a link to her blog,
http://janomelife.wordpress.com/, and check out the November 29, 2011 entry
by lizafrica.

Chris

Just saw this and thought it looked pretty simple but the next up-coming
video should show what happens at the dreaded corners....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lRJq-L00j0&;feature=digest_thu

Jo Ann
http://fitforaqueen.wordpress.com/

Yes, the same binder attachment does fit the 12000. However you must also have a high shank foot holder (7700 or 11000 works) to snap on the foot that comes with the binder.

[...]

stitchnpatch

Jim - would you mind just clarifying something for me. My friend has the Horizon 7700 and the Quilt Binding attachment - will I be able to use it on my 12000 or do I need an adapter or extra foot? She has offered to loan it to me to have a play with sometime if it will work on the 12000.
Thanks
Vicki

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

You will need a different foot holder for the foot that comes with the binder, as it is made for a 7mm machine. This is not a big deal. The foot holder for either the 7700 or the 11000 will work fine.