From: judyjanome
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 7:08 AM
Subject: [janome12000] Question regarding stitch out

I have the new Janome 12000. I did own the 11000 when it first came out. So I am familar with the quaility of this company. I also own the Viking Diamond. Recently when a friend and I took a road trip we both purchased the 12000. Our first project was a in the hoop christmas tree. We both used WSS (aqua magic), Robinson Anton thread both in the needle and bobbin case. She used the bobbin with the yellow dot, I FORGOT and used the regular case. We started out with the janome red needle and stitched to the blue. The outcome for both of us was less that perfect as we both had the thread sucked down into the bobbin case while doing the satin stitches. After cleaning the bobbin case out it would work for some time only to have the same thing happen again. Also forgot to mention we used the batting which was recommended for the project. I also stitched this out on my other machine without the thread being pulled to the bobbin case. My dealer is 6 hours away and I have been trying to call Janome but they are in training today. I love this machine and I am sure the both of my machines will compliment each other. I am going to post pictures. They look beautiful but I just want to figure out why this is happening. Judy

vicki chrobak

Donna--Am I right in thinking that a small strip of the shelf liner/non-skid fabric is placed between upper & lower hoop & either above or below WSS?
Vicki Jo

Maria Boyle

Hello Donna,

     I am having the same problem as Judy and I am using the straight stitch plate.  What is WSS?

Thanks

María

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 6, 2011, at 12:11 PM, "Donna Morton" <demorton@...> wrote:

Stitching on WSS seems to be the common denominator for stitching problems.  I’ve uploaded a pdf to the group files called Hoop Assit(1).  It has pictures showing how to line an inner hoop with non-skid matting.  Our new, large hoops are wonderful but they may not be keeping WSS under good tension during the stitch out so I would recommend you try this.

The second thing I would recommend is that you use the straight stitch plate as described on page 100 of the manual for all embroidery.

If you are using the same thread top and bottom then the manual recommends you use the standard bobbin case (p. 101 – last NOTE).

The other issue that has been a problem is owners selecting the Janome Acrylic thread in the SET menu.  The tension for this thread is different than the other thread brands due to the different characteristics of this acrylic 50 wt thread.  Do not select this thread if you are using 40 wt rayon or polyester embroidery threads.  This stitch out will be terrible.

Donna M
Canada

Date: 12/6/2011 2:17:45 PM

Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 10:52 AM

Is there a written explaination that goes with these pictures? Do you glue this to the hoop?  What king of glue is used? Etc  etc..

Ann Simon (in nowhere land) Bradford Pa.

Judy Ziegler <judyjanome@...>

I want to thank everyone with there suggestions expecially you Donna.  I did have the right bobbin case in as well as Robinson Anton thread selected in settings.  The satin stitches are very heavy and probably not a good choice for a first project.  I am doing a built in design tonight and it is stitching out very nice.  I also thought the suggestion with the double sided tape is going to be tried next time I do a tree.  Sometimes I think it is a combination of issues that create problems in embroidery.  Many thanks Judyjanome

Date: 12/7/2011 8:46:58 AM

For those using this design, do you think it would work on the 11000? I have the Macro hoop which would be within the frame size suggested and it comes in the jef format. Just don't know if things would work out for the 2 parts of the Macro hoop. I do have Digipro MB and Santa is bringing the upgrade to MBX. And speaking of Santa, the Santa design on that website is also cute, and the snowman. I would like to get all three if I knew they would work.

Thanks,

Lynn

Sent from my iPad

janetpiekarski

When stitching out a heavy stitch count design, the better stabilizer is either Fabri-Solvy or Floriani fabric water soluble. The "plastic" types get pierced and perforate and collapse. the fabric type do not (or do it MUCH less), they dissolve just as easily.

I am having the same problem as Judy and I am using the straight stitch plate. What is WSS?

Thanks

María

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 6, 2011, at 12:11 PM, "Donna Morton" <demorton@...> wrote:

Stitching on WSS seems to be the common denominator for stitching problems. I’ve uploaded a pdf to the group files called Hoop Assit(1). It has pictures showing how to line an inner hoop with non-skid matting. Our new, large hoops are wonderful but they may not be keeping WSS under good tension during the stitch out so I would recommend you try this.

The second thing I would recommend is that you use the straight stitch plate as described on page 100 of the manual for all embroidery.

If you are using the same thread top and bottom then the manual recommends you use the standard bobbin case (p. 101 â€" last NOTE).

[...]

Thank you so much for that tip. It's making since to me now. I am currently embroidering a design that also has some heaving stitching. But this design requires 2 layers of cut away. It is stitching out beautifully. No problems with it at all. :)

I am learning so much.

María

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 7, 2011, at 12:51 PM, "janetpiekarski" <jsm1144@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

cynthiarunswithscissors <no_reply@...>

Thanks for the data for this embroidery pattern.I purchased this and will attempt to make it, not sure if I'll use my 12000 (Mercury) or MB4 (Tron). BTW - I am still also waiting for my Digitizer upgrade.

Cynthia