Question re: built-in designs on MC500e

Kathy Strabel

Good morning Janome Homies----I know that the e500 and e550 have a moderate number of built-in stitches. I have used a few of them, but the variety is not that great and I always can find something at an online provider. But some of the built-ins do work for me. My question is: Can these built-in designs be edited at all, or even just moved within the sewing field? Seems they just are plopped in the center of the hoop and you can't do anything with them. Sometimes I would like to maybe duplicate and/or move the designs within the hoop.   Just curious.
Kathy Strabel   Camas WA

Pixey

Kathy,
You can use the regular edit functions on the built in designs.  After selecting the design into the embroidery field, touch the home button and then touch the edit screen (crosshatched square).  This should put the machine into edit mode with the design.

Pixey

On Oct 14, 2021, at 3:16 PM, Kathy Strabel <ksbappa@...> wrote:

Good morning Janome Homies----I know that the e500 and e550 have a moderate number of built-in stitches. I have used a few of them, but the variety is not that great and I always can find something at an online provider. But some of the built-ins do work for me. My question is: Can these built-in designs be edited at all, or even just moved within the sewing field? Seems they just are plopped in the center of the hoop and you can't do anything with them. Sometimes I would like to maybe duplicate and/or move the designs within the hoop.   Just curious.
Kathy Strabel   Camas WA

Kathy Strabel

Pixey---Thanks for the information. Good to know!!!
Kathy Strabel   Camas WA

favymtz

Kathy, of course you can move them within the hoop!
Start by opening the Edit screen in the machine (or in your Embroidery Editor program)
Then open your design and move it as you want to within the chosen hoop.
This is called making a layout in a hoop, and it will save as a Jef+ design if you save it either into the machine memory or onto a usb.
--
Favymtz

Cheryl Paul

Kathy, Can you move them if you select them one by one? That would require you to enter them individually so they don’t become “one” design but many designs. Once you save it, I think they group and become one, so this needs to be done initially when you are working with the design. You know that you an do almost anything and everything with software, such as Digitizer MBX & V5.5 and Artistic Digitizer or other brands, because you have the capability to “ungroup” or “break apart” the design and then work with the elements.

I don’t have a 500E or 550E machine, so I’m really guessing here, but the embroidery is much the same in all Janome machines, as you know I’ve had quite a few but they all were combined embroidery and sewing.

Cheryl - Saskatoon