Question for Jim regarding foot app

judyjanome <judyjanome@...>

Jim or you going to have a separate app for feet for the 12000 or is it going to be the same app already at the app store. Seeing as I have the iPhone are the short videos flash or another format which I can view. Thanks in advance. Judy

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Judy we are in the process of adding the 12000 feet to the FootBook app. If you already have the app, you'll get the new ones automatically for free when we release version 2. Likewise, if you were to buy it now, you would still get the update free. The videos are NOT Flash - we would never have gotten the app approved by Apple using Flash! They are streamed from a web server, where we store multiple resolutions for different device bandwidths. You can view them as long as you have an Internet connection, but WiFi will give the highest quality.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "judyjanome" <judyjanome@...> wrote:

Jim or you going to have a separate app for feet for the 12000 or is it going to be the same app already at the app store. Seeing as I have the iPhone are the short videos flash or another format which I can view. Thanks in advance. Judy

Judy Ziegler <judyjanome@...>

Thank you Jim.  I purchased the app.  Love the feature you can keep track of the feet you own and those on your wish list.  I cann't tell you how many times I purchased a foot for another machine I own only to get home and discover I already own it.  Love the app.  Looking forward to purchasing all the wonderful feet Janome offers and using the app to give me the best way in which to use them.  Judy

To: janome12000@...
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 6:33 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Question for Jim regarding foot app

Judy we are in the process of adding the 12000 feet to the FootBook app. If you already have the app, you'll get the new ones automatically for free when we release version 2. Likewise, if you were to buy it now, you would still get the update free. The videos are NOT Flash - we would never have gotten the app approved by Apple using Flash! They are streamed from a web server, where we store multiple resolutions for different device bandwidths. You can view them as long as you have an Internet connection, but WiFi will give the highest quality.

--- In janome12000@..., "judyjanome" wrote:
>
> Jim or you going to have a separate app for feet for the 12000 or is it going to be the same app already at the app store. Seeing as I have the iPhone are the short videos flash or another format which I can view. Thanks in advance. Judy
>

vicki chrobak

Jim, I got the DVD of the foot book & it was great when dh downloaded Google Chrome. Will those who purchased DVD get upgrade also?

--
Vicki Jo

Judy we are in the process of adding the 12000 feet to the FootBook app.
If you already have the app, you'll get the new ones automatically for
free when we release version 2. Likewise, if you were to buy it now, you
would still get the update free. The videos are NOT Flash - we would
never have gotten the app approved by Apple using Flash! They are
streamed from a web server, where we store multiple resolutions for
different device bandwidths. You can view them as long as you have an
Internet connection, but WiFi will give the highest quality.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

We're working on that. It will take a little longer and may require a small fee to cover the cost of a new DVD and mailing. The beauty of the App Store is that we just upload the new version and we're done, while DVDs have to be made and shipped.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, vicki chrobak <tulsajo1@...> wrote:

Jim, I got the DVD of the foot book & it was great when dh downloaded
Google Chrome. Will those who purchased DVD get upgrade also?

--
Vicki Jo

Judy we are in the process of adding the 12000 feet to the FootBook app.
If you already have the app, you'll get the new ones automatically for
free when we release version 2. Likewise, if you were to buy it now, you
would still get the update free. The videos are NOT Flash - we would
never have gotten the app approved by Apple using Flash! They are
streamed from a web server, where we store multiple resolutions for
different device bandwidths. You can view them as long as you have an
Internet connection, but WiFi will give the highest quality.

vicki chrobak

Understand. Thanks
Vicki Jo

We're working on that. It will take a little longer and may require a small fee to cover the cost of a new DVD and mailing. The beauty of the App Store is that we just upload the new version and we're done, while DVDs have to be made and shipped.

--- In janome12000@..., vicki chrobak wrote:
>
> Jim, I got the DVD of the foot book & it was great when dh downloaded
> Google Chrome. Will those who purchased DVD get upgrade also?
>

-- 
Vicki Jo