Question about Water Solubable Stablizers

itsatweetything

Hi, I am doing a in the hoop project, that needs water solubable stablizer, and I need it for my size 23 hoop, on the 12000. If I measured this correctly, I will need a 15 inche wide, stablizer. I have found only one place to purchase that size, using Vilene. Does anyone know where I can buy this width.? And is that what I should use, for in the hoop projects? Any suggestion, would be appreciated.

Maureen

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Just get some water soluble thread (YLI). Put it in the needle and bobbin and stitch together two sheets of the WSS you already have. You can do the same thing with Vilene. It's hard to say if that's what you should use without knowing the project, but in general it's best to use what the digitizer recommends.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "itsatweetything" <itsatweetything@...> wrote:

Hi, I am doing a in the hoop project, that needs water solubable stablizer, and I need it for my size 23 hoop, on the 12000. If I measured this correctly, I will need a 15 inche wide, stablizer. I have found only one place to purchase that size, using Vilene. Does anyone know where I can buy this width.? And is that what I should use, for in the hoop projects? Any suggestion, would be appreciated.

Maureen

itsatweetything

Thank You.  I am using a design from Embroidery Garden, making owl mirror set.
The mirror part, is in the smaller hoop, which will take the 12 inch width just fine. And then there is a pouch, that the mirror slides into, and that take the next larger hoop, and measures 15 inches. She uses Vilene. Is there another kind of water soluable stablizer, that I can use?
Maureen

--- In janome12000@..., "itsatweetything" >
> Hi, I am doing a in the hoop project, that needs water solubable stablizer, and I need it for my size 23 hoop, on the 12000. If I measured this correctly, I will need a 15 inche wide, stablizer. I have found only one place to purchase that size, using Vilene. Does anyone know where I can buy this width.? And is that what I should use, for in the hoop projects? Any suggestion, would be appreciated.
>
> Maureen

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Vilene is a water soluble stabilizer that looks, feels, and sews like fabric. We used to sell a product called "Wash Away" that was branded for our store. A lot of dealers sell it. You can order Vilene here in many different widths:
http://www.allstitch.net/department/water-soluble-stabilizers-vilene-badgemaster-aqua-magic-10009.cfm?aid=adwords&sid=vilene&gclid=CPGmrMDwy60CFWRjTAod0A0bgQ

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Maureen Stone <itsatweetything@...> wrote:

Thank You. I am using a design from Embroidery Garden, making owl mirror
set.
The mirror part, is in the smaller hoop, which will take the 12 inch width
just fine. And then there is a pouch, that the mirror slides into, and that
take the next larger hoop, and measures 15 inches. She uses Vilene. Is
there another kind of water soluable stablizer, that I can use?
Maureen

**

wrote:

Hi, I am doing a in the hoop project, that needs water solubable
stablizer, and I need it for my size 23 hoop, on the 12000. If I measured
this correctly, I will need a 15 inche wide, stablizer. I have found only
one place to purchase that size, using Vilene. Does anyone know where I can
buy this width.? And is that what I should use, for in the hoop projects?
Any suggestion, would be appreciated.

Maureen

Donna Morton

You can buy “Aqua Magic”  in 18 inch rolls and Sulky Fabrisolvy in 16 inch rolls.  Both these products can be used in place of Vilene.

Donna M
Canada

Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:17 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Question about Water Solubable Stablizers

Hi, I am doing a in the hoop project, that needs water solubable stablizer, and I need it for my size 23 hoop, on the 12000. If I measured this correctly, I will need a 15 inche wide, stablizer. I have found only one place to purchase that size, using Vilene. Does anyone know where I can buy this width.? And is that what I should use, for in the hoop projects? Any suggestion, would be appreciated.

Maureen

Marsha

Maureen,

I buy my vilene from www.allstitch.net.  Haven't bought any new since I got my 12000, but when I wanted sizes not on their site before, I emailed them & they added new sizes to their inventory if there was enough interest expressed.

HTH,

Marsha

itsatweetything

Thank You Marsha, That was my biggest concern. Not the right size, for the
bigger hoop. I have found, only one place, that carries the 15 inch width. Which is what we need for that particular hoop. I will let them know, I am interested in the
bigger size. I hope others will do the same.
Maureen