Question about throat plate

Renee Wojnowski

Awhile back I posted about my throat/needle plate (15000) not snapping in. Jim mentioned the prongs might be bent.  Is it advised to try and bend those prongs back, or buy a new one? It’s the throat/needle plate for straight/embroidery. Thanks!
Renee

Jim Stutsman

The best way to tell is to compare that plate with the one that does snap in. You might be able to bend the tabs on the edge, but it's very thin metal and could be broken. At that point you're in for a new plate anyway. If you have access to a dealer I'd have it looked at by a technician. This is most likely a problem they've seen before.

Renee Wojnowski

Thanks !