question about adjustable zipper foot

seamgood <seamgood@...>

Good morning sewing friends!
Well, I made a zippered accessory bag last night as my first project. I like to do that for any new machine I get, to keep all the "stuff" in so it doesn't get lost. I also embroidered the Janome 12000 name on the front. It came out awesome, sewed like a hot knife through butter, and putting the zipper on was not too bad, considering I am not a fan of the zipper foot they gave us. I just love the adjustable zipper foot I've used on all my machines and wonder if they will be making one for the 12000? I have 2 and tried them on the 12000 but they do not fit. It is the kind that you need to loosen the screw and the foot has the claw that hugs the needle bar and then you tighten the screw. It has the little green screw to adjust the position of the foot...it slides right or left. Jim, if you are familiar with this foot..it is a generic one, any idea why it wouldn't fit? It worked on the 11000.
Also, what are you ladies using for tables for your 12000? Right now, I have mine on the 6500/6600 table, just sitting ontop of the table. Even with the embroidery unit on, it fits nicely, but I just have to pull it out from the wall to embroider. It's kind of heavy and on top of carpeting, it's a bit difficult to lift alone. Wonder if they will be making a table eventually. Oh, so many questions and wonderments!lol

But, so far, I am totally smitten!
Happy sewing.
Gloria

Judy <judyjanome@...>

I have on order 3 weeks now a Sew Perfect table and I ordered 2 inserts, one which is for when I drop machine down and the other is a flush mount for when the the machine is on top of the table. It is not a air drop like the Horn table is, I have one for my Viking Diamond however did not want to open up the wallet that far. Web page is sewperfect and owner is from Maine. Also lots of accessories to choose from. Mine should be here this week. Owner had a Janome 12000 set up in this cabinet and used it to demo in his shop.

Sent from my iPhone

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

The high shank adjustable narrow zipper foot works great with the 12000. It's part #200334002. You can adjust it as needed, and it's just a tad bit narrower than the zipper foot E included with your machine.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "seamgood" <seamgood@...> wrote:

[...]

Maria Boyle

Hello Sent From My IPhone,

Oooooo you have an iPhone. And I have an iPad. LOL

I'm confused....the subject line says re: question about adjustable zipper foot. And you are talking about something totally different.

Sent from my iPad