Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 3:43 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Question

I just loaded the horizon link, on my computer. And I am playing with it. My first question is: How do I go about, changing my designs, that I already have, that are in pes and vip format, to the Jef format. And is there a way to do that, so I don't have to do one at a time?  And is that all I have to do, so the designs will work on my 12,000.

Maureen

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    janome12000-digest@...
    janome12000-fullfeatured@...

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Horizon Link does not convert designs from a "foreign" format to JEF. You will need external software for that. Janome's Digitizer MBX and Digitizer Junior will do it, as well as a whole lot more. To convert a lot of designs at once you need Digitizer MBX using the Design Gallery program. That's not available in Digitizer Junior. A good 3rd party solution is Buzz Xplore from Buzz Tools. It converts any format to any format, and will do groups of designs to save time. You can download a free trial copy here:
http://www.buzztools.com/updates/bx2-trial.asp

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "itsatweetything" <itsatweetything@...> wrote:

I just loaded the horizon link, on my computer. And I am playing with it. My first question is: How do I go about, changing my designs, that I already have, that are in pes and vip format, to the Jef format. And is there a way to do that, so I don't have to do one at a time? And is that all I have to do, so the designs will work on my 12,000.

Maureen

malehto

If any of your designs came from emblibrary.com you can change the format in your preferences and download them again in the new format. I have Viking's 4D software and it will save designs in JEF format as well as other formats. Just heard from my Viking dealer that the new 5D Professional upgrade will save designs in the new Janome 12000, JPX format.

Mary

[...]

Donna Morton

The latest update to the Husqvarna/Pfaff 5D Professional software does include the hoops for the 12000 and will save in jef format for those hoops.  It incorrectly includes assumes that hoops from previous Janome machines will also work on the 12000.  The update will not save in JPX format, just jef format.

Donna M
Canada

If any of your designs came from emblibrary.com you can change the format in your preferences and download them again in the new format. I have Viking's 4D software and it will save designs in JEF format as well as other formats. Just heard from my Viking dealer that the new 5D Professional upgrade will save designs in the new Janome 12000, JPX format.

Mary

--- In mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com, "itsatweetything" >
> I just loaded the horizon link, on my computer. And I am playing with it. My first question is: How do I go about, changing my designs, that I already have, that are in pes and vip format, to the Jef format. And is there a way to do that, so I don't have to do one at a time? And is that all I have to do, so the designs will work on my 12,000.
>
> Maureen

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

It should be noted that you do not HAVE to use the JPX format on the 12000. This format allows for embedded JPG images, but the original JEF formats are all supported on the 12000. Also supported is the JEF+ internal format used on the 11000.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "malehto" <maalleh@...> wrote:

If any of your designs came from emblibrary.com you can change the format in your preferences and download them again in the new format. I have Viking's 4D software and it will save designs in JEF format as well as other formats. Just heard from my Viking dealer that the new 5D Professional upgrade will save designs in the new Janome 12000, JPX format.

Mary

Virginia

The new MBX software does not send to a flash drive however, if you save your design from the MBX as a JEF in your documents or where your other embroidery designs are saved you can then send it to your flash drive and drag and drop it into the folder for your machine that is formatted on your flash drive.  I know it is a work around but in the long run it is the easiest way for now until they correct it in the software.

Virginia

malehto

Thanks for setting me straight, I was just going on what my Vdealer was telling me. I would much rather have the hoop info available than the new format.

Mary