Putting the cover on for moving

Meryl Margolies

We're moving, and I will be transporting my MC12000 and my 9400 in my car.
For the life of me I can't figure out how to put the cover that came with the machines on.
Please, please, please help.
If you can help me, please email me at machinequilter1@.... Sooner would be awesome.
--
Thank you,
Meryl

Cheryl Paul

Meryl, If you have the thread stands on, it would be best if you take them off. I don’t think the cover will fit well or at all with it left on the machines. The “black” covers have a flap. I flip it over to the back the just place the cover on the machine - I would also put the “tool” tray on the machine and the plastic covers need to be transported separately, but the tool case fits so nicely that I put it on, that way I will know where it is when and if I ever need it later and I just might remember where I hide it in its new home. Also you need to remove the embroidery unit so that the cover goes over to the table top, cords also need removing. The cover should then fit and once it is on, I flip the flap back to the fromt. I also think that both covers fit both machines, but there might be pockets in the 12000 that aren’t on the 9400, because I think that a hoop or two might just fit in them for taking the machine to classes.

I hope this helps you.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Meryl Margolies

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I'm pretty sure I have done what you suggested. The machines go into my car in the morning and I'm using the couple of weeks until our final move to send them for routine maintenance.

Meryl

Elizabeth Mccall

HI THERE, Do you have the rather large  & handy nylon  travel piece "suitcase "  for travel ? It comes with wheels and extendable handle.
 It is made for the 15000 .
 I use it to take my machine out of the house as it keeps it extra safe. Just  make sure your 15000  has a seat belt on( either with   the  hard case or this luggage case) .
My neighbor did not seat belt her smaller machine & it suffered in a fast stop .
Elizabeth Ann /NC

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 9:01 PM Meryl Margolies <machinequilter1@...> wrote:
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I'm pretty sure I have done what you suggested. The machines go into my car in the morning and I'm using the couple of weeks until our final move to send them for routine maintenance.

Meryl

Ceil J

My dealer told me that the safest place for my machine was on the floor behind the driver with no cover.  I put a large old towel around it.  I travel almost 3 hours when I visit him yearly.
Ceil

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 2:50 PM Elizabeth Mccall <mountainlady989@...> wrote:
HI THERE, Do you have the rather large  & handy nylon  travel piece "suitcase "  for travel ? It comes with wheels and extendable handle.
 It is made for the 15000 .
 I use it to take my machine out of the house as it keeps it extra safe. Just  make sure your 15000  has a seat belt on( either with   the  hard case or this luggage case) .
My neighbor did not seat belt her smaller machine & it suffered in a fast stop .
Elizabeth Ann /NC

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 9:01 PM Meryl Margolies <machinequilter1@...> wrote:
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I'm pretty sure I have done what you suggested. The machines go into my car in the morning and I'm using the couple of weeks until our final move to send them for routine maintenance.

Meryl

Fiona Williams

Hi Elizabeth Ann,

I purchased the suitcase not long ago. It said it was suppose to come with padding but there wasn’t any in mine, do you have padding in yours?

Fiona