Topics

Puckers in embroidery and wash away stabilizer

Roberta K

Favy:

I have never tried using only wash-away stabilizer with knits. I always thought that using it by itself was limited to free standing lace and toppings for nappy fabric (terry cloth, fleece, etc).

Now that you say it works, I will certainly try it. Which would you recommend for jersey knit fabric?

Thanks,
Roberta

favymtz

Use the Mesh type of Water Soluble stabilizer on your knit fabrics with a film topper.
Prepare the fabric before embroidering with either Terial, Odif or heavy starch.
Ballpoint or Jersey needle.
And make sure that your embroidery design isn't too dense, knit fabric doesn't hold up well with dense designs.
Applique's also work well.
--
Favymtz

Stephanie Olson

Thank you.....as a somewhat new to embroidery person, you have been such a help with tips and suggestions.  :)