Topics

Problem with my 6600

Susan Jester

Good morning.
  I don’t post much but I do love to read all the posts.  Anyway I’ve never had a problem with my 6600 until the other day.  All of a sudden she’s making this thudding sound when the needle is piercing the fabric and after a short while it will actually shudder and stop sewing like it’s hitting the needle plate.  There are nics on the needle plate.  I’ve cleaned her, put in a new needle and checked that the needle is center in the opening of the needle plate.  She hums right along with a needle in and no fabric under the presser foot.  But, if I add fabric it quickly goes downhill. It starts out sorta okay but you can tell that it’s struggle to pierce the fabric.  I don’t know what else to try.  I am taking her to my dealer tomorrow but I was wondering it anyone knows whats going on or anything else I can try to make her feel better.  Thanks in advance

--
Susan Jester
MC 6600P / MB-4 / 1100DX / CoverPro 2000CPX

Kim Normandin

I had something similar happen. Took it to my dealer and they found that a screw (or bolt) had come loose. It was a very easy fix. Fingers crossed that the same is true for yours!