Topics

printing a recipe?

Joyce Daniel

In an email/blog/etc. I got info on how to take a recipe, etc. and print it on a piece of fabric/kitchen towel/etc.

Did anyone else get this info or know how to do this? Our DIL just threw out that she had her grandmother’s recipe and thought it would be neat to have it “printed” for her sister and mom. I’d love to be able to do this for her.

Help??

Joyce in Ga

“All you have shall some day be given;

Therefore, give now, that the season

of giving may be yours, and not

of your inheritors.”

Kahill Gibran

“Give” is my favorite 4-letter word

My writting in english is not good but I hope you may understand.

Just press with low heat  a sheet of fusible paper to the piece of fabric in which you want to print, it is recommended a soft cotton fabric. Once you have this, tape the corners of the prepared fabric to a sheet of A4 bond paper and place it face down in your printer. Then set you printing options to Optimus and print.
Saludos

El domingo, julio 26, 2020, 1:09 p.m., Joyce Daniel <mdaniel@...> escribió:

In an email/blog/etc. I got info on how to take a recipe, etc. and print it on a piece of fabric/kitchen towel/etc.

Did anyone else get this info or know how to do this? Our DIL just threw out that she had her grandmother’s recipe and thought it would be neat to have it “printed” for her sister and mom. I’d love to be able to do this for her.

Help??

Joyce in Ga

“All you have shall some day be given;

Therefore, give now, that the season

of giving may be yours, and not

of your inheritors.”

Kahill Gibran

“Give” is my favorite 4-letter word

Cat - N

Hi,

I can think of several ways to get a recipe to 'appear' on a fabric kitchen towel such as embroidery, heat transfer, and screen printing (professionally done perhaps).

I have not looked for it in many years, but there used to be a print transfer material you could send through your printer, print on it, then iron the 'design/print' onto a fabric surface.

I did this back in the late 1990's to make matching t-shirts for a 'company required bowling team' of which I 'became' the 'captain' by reason of...no one else lifted a finger to help...LOL...so could not refer you to a specific product.  That material would start to 'disappear' after repeated washings...not sure about anything available today, if it still exists.

Good luck!

- Cat

In an email/blog/etc. I got info on how to take a recipe, etc. and print it on a piece of fabric/kitchen towel/etc.
Did anyone else get this info or know how to do this? Our DIL just threw out that she had her grandmother’s recipe and thought it would be neat to have it “printed” for her sister and mom. I’d love to be able to do this for her.
Help??
Joyce in Ga

sewnice@...

I made a "this is me" quilt for both my grandsons.  I used a product called printable treasures, a printable fabric.  Lots of brands to choose from,  they are sheets of fabric 8x10" that can go through your printer.  The only thing I recommend after your image has printed, rinse very well with cold water . Lay flat to dry

hope this helps
Sharon

Mary Jo Hirsch

Suggest using electric quilt fabric. It lasts and lasts

--
null

Wellwood

Here is a video that Jennifer Tryon did of taking a photo with iPad and then moving it into AcuEdit to trace over the original recipe with the open. You can then export it to your machine using wifi. It may have been on the Janome Classroom or Janome sewing.
Jean

   Sent from my iPad

On Jul 27, 2020, at 11:04 AM, sewnice@... wrote:

I made a "this is me" quilt for both my grandsons.  I used a product called printable treasures, a printable fabric.  Lots of brands to choose from,  they are sheets of fabric 8x10" that can go through your printer.  The only thing I recommend after your image has printed, rinse very well with cold water . Lay flat to dry

hope this helps
Sharon

vicki J. Wardwell

I made the Under Ground Rail Road Sampler Quilt block 12 is the family oral history of our part in it it is embroidered on a 12.5 by 12.5 piece of fabric.
Is complicated to do but it can be done I also embroidered the family egg noodle recipe on a flour sack towel on the 4 corners.
If you are interested Let me know i will walk you through it. Off to put photos in group.

--
Vicki Jane Hull- Wardwell

Shirley Allen

Great story & you & your family were part of it.  Tell us more Shirley

Joyce Daniel

Hi Vicki,
Yes, I would REALLY like to know how exactly you embroidered/printed the family recipe onto a flour sack towel
mdaniel@...

vicki J. Wardwell

I digitized the recipe with an easy to read font  divided into four steps.  One Step for each corner. Made for my grand-daughter.
I'll add the noodle recipe photos Any time you see a red line or dot It is an alignment point or leveling line.
I found the center of each corner made a cross for alignment for hooping the flour sack towel.
When I digitized the steps each design had a center alignment cross.
When I hooped the corner I used the placement plastic to get it centered on a 5 by 7 hoop.
--
Vicki Jane Hull- Wardwell

vicki J. Wardwell

I have done a bit of fabric printing found that Kaufman
kona Bay cotton white is the best fabric to use Epson Dura brite ink is a dye ink and stays the longest.
I used Bubble Jet 2000 rinse and the set solution.
--
Vicki Jane Hull- Wardwell

Cat - N

Wow...so many things I will have to look up to see what they are.  I was a long time I.T. professional but only only printed on canvass made FOR printers...which came out looking almost like it was a 'real' oil painting.  I do love Kona cotton, though!  What printer do you use?  I see Epson and Bubble Jet mentioned.

- Cat (FL)

I have done a bit of fabric printing found that Kaufman
kona Bay cotton white is the best fabric to use Epson Dura brite ink is a dye ink and stays the longest.
I used Bubble Jet 2000 rinse and the set solution.
--
Vicki Jane Hull- Wardwell

Jean Olson

Bubble Jet  is a liquid that you are supposed to soak the fabric in to prepare it for printing. I used it years ago. Have no idea if it is still around. I used it on muslin and then printed baby pictures of my granddaughter and made a quilt. I only washed it once before packing away and one photo ran but the others were still pretty good after washing. I am pretty sure I had an Epson printer at the time. This was probably at least 15 years ago:-)

Cat - N

Bubble Jet was also the name of an ink jet printer made by Canon...also years ago...LOL

- Cat

Bubble Jet  is a liquid that you are supposed to soak the fabric in to prepare it for printing. I used it years ago. Have no idea if it is still around. I used it on muslin and then printed baby pictures of my granddaughter and made a quilt. I only washed it once before packing away and one photo ran but the others were still pretty good after washing. I am pretty sure I had an Epson printer at the time. This was probably at least 15 years ago:-)

Pam Davison

Bubble jet is still available I use it and I have a Epson printer